What's new

1090 turbulence

Bozwan

Member Number
So I bought a 1090r a month ago and have been trying to figure out the turbulence hitting my helmet. I installed a cheap deflector that bounced all over and put the main airflow over my head. I still had the turbulence, but I could now confirm it was coming from the mirrors as I could feel the air pulses with my hand (without the deflector there is too much air bouncing around). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with adding a spacer between the windscreen and the mount? Did that work to relieve the issue?

Or is the best solution to swap mirrors? I have read potentially using Aprilia tuono mirrors or the Rottweiler bar end mirrors.

I put a Madstad 18” screen on my 1190r with the Touratech folding mirrors. No buffering on ol nogan. It sets my eyes about 4” over screen. Perfect me but it might not be for you. I’m 6’

Yea I'm a bit taller and don't want a barn door. Plus in summer I want airflow. It may not be much of an issue once summer does hit and I keep the screen down, but right now i want some wind protection.

So I bought a 1090r a month ago and have been trying to figure out the turbulence hitting my helmet. I installed a cheap deflector that bounced all over and put the main airflow over my head. I still had the turbulence, but I could now confirm it was coming from the mirrors as I could feel the air pulses with my hand (without the deflector there is too much air bouncing around). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with adding a spacer between the windscreen and the mount? Did that work to relieve the issue?

Or is the best solution to swap mirrors? I have read potentially using Aprilia tuono mirrors or the Rottweiler bar end mirrors.
I just looked at photos of that bike. The windscreen side notches will be spitting vortices up and out toward mirrors which will interact with separation turbulence off those mirrors. The windscreen shape is source problem. Mirrors are influncers. Relocate the mirrors and the windscreen vortices will probably continue out and away. It’s probably they wind tunneled the bike front without mirrors in place… or figured too late now… or style first…

Reactions: MVI
I put a Madstad 18” screen on my 1190r with the Touratech folding mirrors. No buffering on ol nogan. It sets my eyes about 4” over screen. Perfect me but it might not be for you. I’m 6’
Not sure how they will affect your turbulence problem but the Touratech folding mirrors are badass and very reasonably priced compared to other folding mirrors on the market. How about that a Touratech item is reasonably priced!

Back
Top Bottom