What's new
Jul

16th Annual Central Wisconsin Rally - July 28 - Aug 6, 2023

Yooper_Bob

Socially Inept
Member Number
Yooper_Bob added a new event:

16th Annual Central Wisconsin Rally - July 28 - Aug 6, 2023

Yes.....I know that a lot of folks (including myself) are disillusioned/disappointed with ADV Rider and the sellout to Vertical Scope....but the Central Rally is a ton of fun, and attended by some really great people.

I am extending an invite to all who want to attend (and I have zero authorization to do so from any person and/or entity :deal)

Although the Central Rally is listed as an "official" rally on ADVRider, neither ADVRider nor Vertical Scope provide any funding for the rally...

Read more about this event...

Calling for volunteers!!!

Since this has become a bit of a self-directed rally (which is fine...and hats off to Geoff and Brittany for all of their years of hard work and dedication), we need a few folks to step up and take the reigns on a couple of things.

My wife is working on contacting sponsors to try and come up with some cool stuff to either raffle off, or give away as door prizes. Stuff is already starting to trickle in. Don't know yet if there will be enough stuff for a full blown raffle...we may just draw for door prizes on the final Saturday evening.

I've been working with a local shop to get t-shirts printed. I'm working on a design. If anyone else is doing anything with shirts, please let me know ASAP. We don't need two sets of shirts!! More details on shirts to come...

I'm also going to order lanyard name tags. I know that a lot of folks already know each other, but it helps new riders get acquainted. I'll hand these out as people arrive during the week.

Let me know if you would be willing to take charge of, or help out with any of the following:
  • Potluck Dinner on Saturday Aug 5. Just need a couple of volunteers to spearhead this. Stuff like a location, maybe a sign up sheet so we don't have 50# of beans and no dessert. I'm sure my wife will be willing to help. Everyone can help by bringing a dish to pass.

• Corn hole tournament (maybe Friday afternoon?). Someone to print and bring bracket sheets. They will organize getting teams signed up and managing the games. I will come up with an appropriate trophy for the winning team.

• Ride Board. Does anyone have a whiteboard that they can bring, along with a few markers? A lot of new folks are left standing around wondering how to link up with other riders and where to go. The idea is that each day people willing to "host" a ride will put their name/time/trail/riding pace/etc on the board. Riders can then join a group that interests them. The "keeper" of the board will just make sure it's kept clean and up to date.

• Winey Wednesday. This one is simple....just organize a spot, a couple of cork screws, and maybe a few extra glasses.

• Morning coffee. Now, I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'm zero help here. I don't know exactly how to organize this. In the past, there were some sponsors that provided coffee, and I think Geoff had a couple of big coffee makers. If someone wants to take this and run, now's your chance!
If I've missed anything, please let me know. If you have any further ideas for events to make this the best rally ever, speak up.

Thanks!

Alaska Leather has once again stepped up to the plate, and will be sending us some items for the rally.

They are also offering a special 10% off discount code that can be used between now and September 15, 2023. The code is "CentralADV".

If you order anything from them, be sure to thank them for their continued generous support over the years!!!

Top Bottom Back Refresh