What's new

1979 Yamaha DT 125

AlvinYork

A never was, washed up, has been
Member Number
IMG_7305.jpg

Bought a DT125 EXACTLY like that when I was 12-years old with money I had saved from Christmas/birthdays and odd jobs, it was epic!!

My first street legal mode of transportation was a '76? DT125 twin shock in red/white when I was 16. Sadly, I can't find any pictures of it. I sold it to one of my high school teachers when I joined the army. If memory serves correct the seat was hinged to open to the side.

Edit; not mine but here's a picture of what it looked like. Nice bike AlvinYork btw! The '79 is a good looking bike.

125.jpg

Last edited:
TWO FAVOURITE PASSIONS RIGHT THERE IN THAT PHOTO.

i HAD A 125 AND A DT360. great bikes. Settled on a TT250 with MX250 front end and rear suspension for bringing out deer from our backblocks. Great little bikes.

My first street legal mode of transportation was a '76? DT125 twin shock in red/white when I was 16. Sadly, I can't find any pictures of it. I sold it to one of my high school teachers when I joined the army. If memory serves correct the seat was hinged to open to the side.

Edit; not mine but here's a picture of what it looked like. Nice bike AlvinYork btw! The '79 is a good looking bike.

125.jpg
That was my first real motorcycle. My parents bought it from my sisters boyfriend for my 12th b day. I have zero nostalgia for anything in my youth except that DT125. It just ran without anything approaching reasonable maintenance. I wonder what it did in a former life that it was subjected to my ownership in this one. Must have been a real monster! I love that bike!

Back
Top Bottom