What's new

Sold 2001 BMW R1100S ** One Owner ** Garage Kept

JustAnotherSquid

Used to ride a motorcycle
Member Number
  • I bought this bike new in February 2001 from BMW-Ducati in Charlotte.
  • Always kept in a garage.
  • This is the "R1100SA" model with heated grips, centerstand, ABS, and clip-ons mounted above the triple-clamp for a more comfortable (but still sporty) riding position. And I believe only 200 of these were brought in to the US in 2001.
  • Currently 33,000 miles but will continue to go up.
  • Dealer serviced every 6000 miles with all service records.
  • Full synthetic oil and OEM filter changed every 2000 miles.
  • Ohlins shocks front and rear.
  • Stainless steel brake lines front and rear.
  • Engine is 100% stock for maximum reliability.
  • Fresh Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires front and rear.
  • Custom Corbin seat (and original OEM seat)
  • Tons of extras accumulated over the years like: BMW hard saddlebags keyed to match, Wunderlich tail pack, matching seat cowl, Wunderlich hugger, short and long paralever arms with matching short and long kickstands, both 5.0" and 5.5" rear rims, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.
  • Absolutely no known mechanical problems.

2020-11-1.jpg

2020-10-1.jpg

2020-09-1.jpg

05428.jpg

Last edited:
I've never ridden a '15 R1200R but did have an '00 R1100R. The riding positions were not similar. Bars were higher and pegs were further forward on the R. I found the former to be a bit more comfortable and the latter to be a bit less comfortable on the R.

I've never ridden a '15 R1200R but did have an '00 R1100R. The riding positions were not similar. Bars were higher and pegs were further forward on the R. I found the former to be a bit more comfortable and the latter to be a bit less comfortable on the R.
My r1200r was very comfortable to me.

Top Bottom Back Refresh