What's new

Sold 2004 Harley Davidson Sportster (XL1200C) Custom (SportsTour)

JimVonBaden

Kool Aid!
Member Number
Starting out as a plain Sportster I took it apart and made it into a Sportster Touring Bike. I added a Vetter fairing, HD style side cases, a topcase and custom made wraparound front fender to turn this basic Sportster into something different. You can see the results as it gleams in the sun. It rides great, and is very comfortable.
New stuff:
• Fresh Root Beer two stage paint,
• New clutch,
• New Tires and front tube,
• New oil and filter,
• New primary oil,
• Rebuilt carb,
• New brakes,
• Dyna air shocks,
• LED headlight and signals,
• New battery and more.
Along with the bike comes a bunch of parts and accessories, could be converted to a stock sportster with the spare parts.
• New spoke rear 16” chrome wheel
• Chrome side covers
• Solo Seat
• Vance and Hines Short Shot exhaust with bafflers and Super Quiet baffles
• Forward controls
• 10” ape hanger bars with clutch cable and brake line
• Root beer painted stock front fender
• Stock headlight with LED headlights
• Original chrome Shocks
• Original backrest
$5,250 OBO

Can negotiate prices on the spare parts.

fZbBQu.jpg
3Jlg9F.jpg
j9L0py.jpg
KptABB.jpg
iDTH1r.jpg
zlzSJB.jpg
YEF7KI.jpg
aahSJA.jpg
fcDJwh.jpg
vVrxZe.jpg
3O8lEZ.jpg
2JoHMB.jpg
Continued

Last edited:
I followed your build and I know that you spent a whole lot of time, effort, and resources into the transformation. It looks great and I'm surprised that you're selling it so soon but good luck with the sale.

I followed your build and I know that you spent a whole lot of time, effort, and resources into the transformation. It looks great and I'm surprised that you're selling it so soon but good luck with the sale.
Yeah, this was my winter project. I always think I may keep them, then I move to something else. I do build them to the best of my ability. I can't do less. :-)

I think the color is perfect for that bike. Nice job!

Wow! That's really nice build. You were able to make a beautiful touring bike out of a Sporty. That's tough job getting it just right.

Back
Top Bottom