What's new

2004 R1150GS Won't start...

Oof that's a bummer, at least you know what the problem is. All said and done at least it's a surprisingly easy job with a little bit of mechanical inclination.

This stuff works. The rodent recipe.

Last edited:
This stuff works. The rodent recipe.
What you got to drive an opossum out of a hole, under a house ?

Lure out. Large live trap. Bait with fresh ripe tomato, apple, pear. Ripe. Supermarket stuff marginal. Farmers mkt stuff the deal. End of day over ripe will be priced right. Two two rimfire.

Were not allowed to 22LR the varmints in the city limit. But I can drive 8 miles and let them go in a field.

Reactions: EGR
No need for apologies

The topic of R1150gs with no spark and no fuel isn't anything new

The culprit being the HES is not a shocker either

Friggin rodent damage being at the root of the matter - I don't think I've seen that one yet on the internets.

It somehow seems appropriate that the conversation would drift out into "combat pest control" territory.

Besides that, I'm in a holding pattern with parts in the hands of the shipper.

Don't forget my total screwup when getting the bike into the truck the other day. I still need to set that straight before a test ride, after all.

We have plenty of time to talk smack about the local wildlife.

Wife was told to drag one of my old air compressors and set it by the hole. Then open the drain plug and fire it up.

supposedly the vibration of the compressor will drive the opossum(s) crazy and they will leave the burrow.

Then it is game on .177 or .233 suppressed integrated upper (if you legally can)

1661219155310.png

Busy couple of weeks

At 80k miles, this HES could have been running on borrowed time anyway, also the fuel tank innards could have been on their way to failure at any moment too

I'm going to sit down and figure out what to order this weekend

I need to sift through the service records to double check, but I think the fuel pump is original equipment

I'm ordering a HES, and at least a fuel filter and the internal fuel lines, maybe a full pump/filter/lines kit
I'm not yet decided whether or not I'll order a stainless U-shaped tube
I think that I can source the small o-ring for the regulator at my local Napa, I don't know if EME has that or not as a single part

I'm guessing EME likely has as good a price as anywhere.

Anyone have anything to add to the list of usual suspects for this maintenance parts order?

Top Bottom Back Refresh