What's new

2021 R1250GS would not exceed 5k RPM

TravelinLite

ADV+
Member Number
Strangest thing happened this morning. I was out riding and since the roads were wet, I placed the bike in "RAIN" mode. When I tried to accelerate the bike would not exceed 5k RPM. It acted like it was an electrical override (computer signal) that caused this. Switching to other ride modes made no difference. After pulling over, turning off the bike and restarting it, the problem went away.

Is that something one would call a software bug? Geez.

Strangest thing happened this morning. I was out riding and since the roads were wet, I placed the bike in "RAIN" mode. When I tried to accelerate the bike would not exceed 5k RPM. It acted like it was an electrical override (computer signal) that caused this. Switching to other ride modes made no difference. After pulling over, turning off the bike and restarting it, the problem went away.

Is that something one would call a software bug? Geez.
I had an injected harley do wierd stuff and left me walking. The kill switch seem to work backwards with the display from normal. I eventually walked back and the bike fired right up. Nothing ever found. Ran the bike on diagnostics...nothing. Never did it again. But I think in both scenarios water exposure might be the culprit. Leads me to think check the battery connections. Power supply issues could possibly be the bug in the system. Alot of my bikes get the electrics flooded out with corrosion spray(red can corrosion x safe for electrics or wd40). But not the harley as it was just bought. Never found the glitch and it never glitched again.

BMW has a limp mode that limits the bikes RPMs. Diagnostics may show what happened but if it hasn't done it since I would forget about it.

Back
Top Bottom