What's new

2022 Around the Bend Rally

Now it is all rehab. 10 weeks in a walker and wheelchair.

Ice packs to keep the swelling down...

PXL_20220307_164216552.jpg

A couple years ago a buddy of mine broke his leg in Terlingua Ranch. Another buddy of mine hauled him out. His wife drove him to Alpine, they put him in an airplane and flew him to Odessa. He was in the Hospital a couple days before going home. It took a lot of time for him to get healed up.

Hopefully you get healed up quick!

Top Tip - if the Ambulance from the NATIONAL PARK hauls you to the ALPINE hospital - that is totally free and included as part of your $25/ week NP entry Fee.

Now the Helo Ride from Alpine Hospital to the Odessa Hospital, well, I will see that bill in a few weeks I guess....

Last edited:
Yes, formerly it was a Federal Crime to carry a weapon in to a National Park. That changed under the Obama administration IIRC.

You still cant disharge it, nor can you carry it in any building, like the visitor center.

Last edited:
An acquaintance, rider, graduated from Sul Ross St Univ, Alpine TX. Married a TX woman. They live in TN and the lady has full TN concealed carry certification.

They were in BBNP on bikes with another college friend. All TN plates. LEO ran their plates, stopped them. The wife’s carry permit was of course linked to her bike plate. LEO wanted to see her weapon. “Interrogated” the two guys.

Reactions: MVI
I was hauled out in the back of a Park Ranger/LEO in his Yukon 4x4. The 3.5 hour trip from the accident scene to the ambulance in Rio Grande Village gave us lots of time to chit chat.

Ranger said now a days they dont bother with folks with CCW permits, unless they are a nuisance and doing something else illegal, like a bonfire.

or kartwheeling a car off the road with a BAC of 3 while buck naked. That Ranger sure had some good stories.

I travel all over the country and have be questioned by the man more than I care to admit. But me carrying never a problem. And I usually tell them I'm carrying. It always seems to be the right thing. Yes I've gotten a ear beating but never sited for it. Most times it's actually been approved of by them in the areas. Like mentioned, your plate or driver's license tell if you have a permit so they know that it's always a possibility you have it with/on you. Then again I'm not a idiot about it neither

Now that Hospital Bills and Helo Ride bills are coming in, I posted some info on AIR AMBULANCE plans in the link below

Back
Top Bottom