What's new

2023 Japanese MFJ Videos - Yamaha Electric & Many Other Interesting Bits

Motobene

Member Number
Something interesting in Japan. The #2 rider is on a Yamaha electric bike and doing quite well. Here is an exceptionally difficult section. At 06:40 #2 and his electric are the first to make it through the section. I'd not blame you for muting the woman announcer :-)

At 12:22 is Yamaha's 4-stroke ridden for a clean. Don't expect us to see either Yamaha bike in the US any time soon.

And speaking of the Japanese trials riders, another sumimitimaru video. This one shows how the Japanese are absolutely tops at bike positioning. They seem to love and use repositioning more than any other trials culture. As a result it's just like breathing to them!

Looks like the Japanese are fond of pounding the best in the world too! I've never seen the top few being 5'd as much as in the FIM Trial GP in Japan this year:

Last edited:
More. Day 1 sections 6-12. What happens when a hard event is set then a particularly greasy-type mud radically ups the event difficulty.

One technique I never use much (I hate riding in mud) is buzz sawing the rear wheel with serious throttle, spraying material back while continually cleaning out the tire lugs. This is the only traction technique left when nuancing the throttle or pulse-weight the rear tire to get a bite is too risky, as stopping at all means an unretrievable 5. At 2:20 Raga sets the example for this technique, which is not followed by the next rider there, then followed with zeal by Bou then others. They starting the climb in a turn, and go pretty WFO on the throttle.

Top Bottom Back Refresh