What's new

2023 Maggie Valley Beat the Heat Scooter Rally

klaviator

Scooter Trash
Member Number
The date for this year's event is Sunday July 30 through Friday August 4th.

The motel will be the same as last year: AHoliday Motel: https://holidaymotel.net/

The motel number is: 828-686-4386.

There is no special discount but if you stayed last year they have all your information so it's a simple reservation. Rooms are $89 for 2 twins or one king, $99 for 2 queens and $129 for 3 queens in 2 rooms.

This will be the 5th Beat the Heat event. As in past years it is an informal event with no registration, fees or rules. It is a scooter event but motorcycles are welcome. There are no restrictions on type or size of bike but I do not recommend less than 125cc.

I expect most people coming will have been to one of the previous events but if not my ride report from last year should give you an idea what it's all about: https://advbikes.com/threads/2022-beat-the-heat-scooter-rally.1591/

I should be there on my Ice Bear 150 or my Ural.

20211007_152739.jpg

3765122 (1) (1).jpg

Here's the list of attendees as of Jan 25.

@klaviator (Win) ADV150
@Raptorman (Steve) Vespa GTV
@minimac (?) Silverwing, Helix or Reflex
@rdhood (Doug) ?
@2372ighost (Rich) Vespa GTS
@Dan V. (Dan) Kymco 250
Candace Vespa GTS
@dp064 (Don) KPV150
Chuck GW1800
Susan Reflex
@tonymarchman (Tony) Vespa GTS
@cleanerman (Larry) Vespa GTS
@HH (Steve) Vespa GTS
Kuleen
@Salth2ofish (David) Helix
@Bar None (Vince) Ural or Ice Bear 150

Maybe's
@CashCow (Bill) Xmax or Vespa GT
@cdwise Vespa GTS
steve Sport City 250
@Bueller (Greg) Vespa GTS/BV350/MG V-7
Mrs RDHood Like150i
@STBNE (?) Silverwing
@ScooterJon (Jon) Forza or Smax
@cabanza ?

Any idea which bike you will be riding?
Ideally I would be riding my Super Cub unless Honda brings in the Dax.

My (lack of) commitment is tied to time. Riding to and from Maggie Valley might just be too long. I am already taking off about 10 days in June to go to Ecuador. I am not sure if I can squeeze another 10 days at the end of July/ early August. Wife won't commit to such a long trip on her PCX. She'll also have several hundreds of miles in the saddle from the Ecuador trip. I'd be riding solo from Texas. It's not bad, it's just different.

Ideally I would be riding my Super Cub unless Honda brings in the Dax.

My (lack of) commitment is tied to time. Riding to and from Maggie Valley might just be too long. I am already taking off about 10 days in June to go to Ecuador. I am not sure if I can squeeze another 10 days at the end of July/ early August. Wife won't commit to such a long trip on her PCX. She'll also have several hundreds of miles in the saddle from the Ecuador trip. I'd be riding solo from Texas. It's not bad, it's just different.
Riding a Super Cub from Texas to Maggie Valley and back would be really hard core. We had a Super Cub in 2021 but it got trailered there.

Am I wrong in thinking nobody rides the sub 300cc scooters to the rally ??
Yes, you are wrong. One rider rode a 292cc Xmax from Fort Worth to Maggie Valley. He basically did an iron butt riding there in less than 24 hours. Several people rode 250s from several hundred miles away. Most of the scooters at the rally were under 300cc.

The list of people planning on coming is growing rapidly.

List of attendees: (Updated 1/31)
@klaviator (Win) ADV150
@Raptorman (Steve) Vespa GTV
@minimac (Bruce) Silverwing, Helix or Reflex
@rdhood (Doug) ?
@2372ighost (Rich) Vespa GTS
@Dan V. (Dan) Kymco 250
Candace Vespa GTS
@dp064 (Don) KPV150
Chuck GW1800
Susan Reflex
@tonymarchman (Tony) Vespa GTS
@cleanerman (Larry) Vespa GTS
@HH (Steve) Vespa GTS
Kuleen
@Salth2ofish (David) Helix
@Bar None (Vince) Ural or Ice Bear 150
@Retro Iron (Tim) Vespa GTS
John Burgman 650
Mark Tmax 530
Dawn Can Am Ryker
@psykown (Joe) ?

Maybe's
@CashCow (Bill) Xmax or Vespa GT
@cdwise Vespa GTS
steve Sport City 250
@Bueller (Greg) Vespa GTS/BV350/MG V-7
Mrs RDHood Like150i
@STBNE (?) Silverwing
@ScooterJon (Jon) Forza or Smax
@cabanza ? Super Cub
Maggie ?
Pete ?

Well just to cover my bases, I just booked the Comfort Inn across the road from the Holiday Motel for the dates, and will hope to be able to make it. At least with a room booked thru a booking site, I have the flexibility of free cancellation until July 27. I have a trip to Asia between now and then so will have to wait to see what happens, but at least reserving a room keeps my options open.

Steve_YYZ from Niagara Falls, Burgman 650

Well just to cover my bases, I just booked the Comfort Inn across the road from the Holiday Motel for the dates, and will hope to be able to make it. At least with a room booked thru a booking site, I have the flexibility of free cancellation until July 27. I have a trip to Asia between now and then so will have to wait to see what happens, but at least reserving a room keeps my options open.

Steve_YYZ from Niagara Falls, Burgman 650
I hope to see you there. I have stayed at that Comfort Inn. It's pretty nice but not a good place for a group like the AHoliday motel is but it is right across the street. The free breakfast was pretty good when I stayed there.

I havent made a reservation but if anyone wants to split expenses and share a room..PM me...otherwise i might stay across the street at the Comfort Inn

Last year I just rode over from Robbinsville to Maggie Valley on my Ural for a ride with the slow group and will probably do that again.

3708431 (2).jpg

Then maybe on another day I will ride over on my Ice Bear Malibu 150.
Here I was at Deal's Gap Motorcycle Resort.
20220620_131908_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom