What's new

525 RFS who's got 'em?

skibum69

Member Number
Here's my '07 XCW originally built for the '08 Dakar. We all know how that ended.
HolyroodToGreenPoint11.jpg

Droptarotter my ADV buddy in BC has one too. He loves it. He and I share 640'2, 525's and R1100's in our stables.

I decided I didn't need the rally kit so I sold it to a guy in Uruguay. Last edition was closer to stock.
IMG_0470-XL.jpg

Now it's getting remodelled again with a new 6.6 Ascerbis tank and a new fairing. I'm putting the roadbook back on too. It should be an excellent long distance hauler soon after I finish getting the new EXC wiring harness on for the lights etc.

2005 with a whopping 115 hours on it. BD rear tank 1.1g, Clark 3.1g, Corbin, GPR Stabilizer, PMB rack w/ Wolfman bag, Cycra Probends. Trail Tech Stator, USB port for my GPS, BD Light kit for the street. Love Love this bike!
4C1A6304-5EDF-48A0-8563-D3BA74CE8F83.jpeg

I’ll keep an eye peeled for ya. That sounds like a epic trip! I take it you’ve had the head done. Any other engine mods?

No engine mods, the bike only has about 3000 km's on it so no real digging into anything. I will check the valves but that's about it. I'm still fighting getting the EXC wiring harness installed.

My 05 525EXC. Taking a moment after bomb runs along lake Superior.

nc_ohc=jeMW7Cd2Bi4AX8yNDm4&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto2-1.jpg

Out on the poleline...

Gronk812_GronkBike_Gronk1.jpg

My 03 525EXC. Unique story to this one. (sorry, bad pic but it's all I can find ATM)

nc_ohc=CzgiiW65faIAX-1RNK9&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto2-1.jpg

2001 520SX. Unfortunately I don't have many photos of this bike and I can't find any at the moment so here's an interwebz rip...

13243741795_67c2e13493_z.jpg

Sean :ricky

I have a subframe crack starting to develop. Anyone know of a fix for this ?
image.jpg

Any RFS owners using a Tusk fan kit?

Comparing Tusk vs TrailTech, Tusk is half the price and half the watts ( and therefore current draw) while offering 130cfm vs TrailTech's 147.

TrailTech uses a Spal fan vs Tusk's Panasonic.

Well the TrailTech would be proven technology but I’m sure the Tusk one would work fine. If ya add the the trailTech stator you wouldn’t have to worry and if you get in the cold like me you can run a set of heated grips!

I have a subframe crack starting to develop. Anyone know of a fix for this ?
image.jpg
There's a solid slug that's inside that's actually doing the work. Like Gronk said, it's really ok.

It'd be impossible to internally clean the joint to weld it. You'll end up with a bigger mess than just a crack. Any other holes you drill may allow other cracks to start propagating.

It really is one of those "better left alone" situations.

Or, cut the whole end off and weld on a new slug.

Well the TrailTech would be proven technology but I’m sure the Tusk one would work fine. If ya add the the trailTech stator you wouldn’t have to worry and if you get in the cold like me you can run a set of heated grips!
Mine is an EXC originally equipped with a tail and headlight. I use neither of those. I'm wondering if that will balance out for me.

Heated grips would be nice on occasion. The whole " my hands will still stop feeling cold when they go numb" approach probably isn't very healthy long term 😁

Mine is an EXC originally equipped with a tail and headlight. I use neither of those. I'm wondering if that will balance out for me.

Heated grips would be nice on occasion. The whole " my hands will still stop feeling cold when they go numb" approach probably isn't very healthy long term 😁
I’m over the, it’ll be okay when I warm up thing. lol I have a set of moose racing liners on mine. https://www.partsgiant.com/p267367-moose-motorcycle-handwarmer-kit?r=b-32590
With

My favorite grips.

Back
Top Bottom