What's new

640 Adventure who's got 'em?

skibum69

Member Number
I know I'm not the only one who thinks the 640 A was the nest ADV bike ever built that has never seen a real replacement. I'm pretty sure mines still my favourite bike!
IMG_4507_HEIC-XL.jpg

Reactions: Mat
I had a 640adv for a couple of weeks. Couldn't get past the numb hands. Everything else was fantastic on the bike except the ICO never worked. Ended up with a SE.

Are any current KTM offerings equivalent?

There are those out there loving the 890 which turned into the 990. But the trade off I think is a bit more weight. I'm sure they're great, I've never ridden one. Then again you can downsize to the 390 which I've heard is an excellent machine.

I didn't have any trouble with vibes on my 625.
Lots of choices these days
KTM 690
Husky 701
Soon a Gas Gas 700
790, 890, 1090
All very capable

That is an excellent upgrade with the wind shield. One of these days I might get to steal that idea.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the 640 A was the nest ADV bike ever built that has never seen a real replacement. I'm pretty sure mines still my favourite bike!
IMG_4507_HEIC-XL.jpg
Hey, SkiBum - I know you...and I'm a huge fan of my 640A. Mine's also a 2007 model year but I think they only distributed in North America for 07 as the rest of the world got the 690. The 07 is identical to the 06 except for graphics.

I'm new here but why is this in the KTM Multi-Cylinder sub-forum....does yours have an extra cylinder? Maybe that's what I was missing on this recent ride....

8A11492C-3EC0-4C6B-A250-6C80B60BE2A6_1_105_c.jpeg

I bought a '99 640 probably 7 years ago as my first road bike. After a year I got sick of being shook to death on the hwy and sold it with the intention of buying a new bike for 300 more than I paid for it. Now I'm on an 890 adventure and wondering what took so long

Back
Top Bottom