What's new

A 125 water cooled single.

matty

Border raider.
Member Number
I was given this around two years ago, it sat as found in pieces but running in a small tool shed in the orchard for around 18 months, then the rolling frame was wheeled outside where its sat the back end of the summer and through this winter .
I keep walking past it and even covered it up with a plastic sheet which blew off months ago, and this morning i walked past it and thought i have to do something with it . I Decided if it ran i would do something with it. I got a jump start pack and a pint of fuel the cdi and the coil put them back on and it turned over i pit a little fuel in the carb and first spin it struck up for about 10 seconds then cut out and flat refused to start, so any oxidization present in the carb is now well and truly in every jet and passage in there.
So it ran at least for a second or two, took the cdi off it and decided its a project now, it just made the jump from clutter too clutter i am going to make good and more or less immediately as i want to take it around the north of scottand this year if i get time .

Attachments

• 1674319930269.jpeg
    1674319930269.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 1674319999143.jpeg
    1674319999143.jpeg
    664.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 1674320221859.jpeg
    1674320221859.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 1674320280895.jpeg
    1674320280895.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • 1674320351071.jpeg
    1674320351071.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
I cant think of one wet 125cc street legal in the US. Pcx maybe?

Its a crappy Chinese 2014 ish ( Is a 64 reg so could be early 2015 suppose) Lifan King 125 model 14F cruiser . its water cooled about 11hp and had sub 10k miles, ran sweet and got it up to temperature when i first got it it was fine.
Frame is OK as in straight and solid but a little rusty me leaving it abandoned outside in all weathers did not help i suppose.
I kind of want to make a CCM spitfiresque lookingish special, just use whats there and other stuff i got laid about in my shipping container full of bits off mostly japs and triumphs from the last 30 years .
I think the yamaha xs1100 front fork tubes are same diameter as this and i got the 1100 trim disks calipers and master cylinder still bled up and braking.
I have a suzuki van van 125 tank will straddle that frame and might be good, i want a flatish frame hugging Classic BSA looking Flatish seat and got a pair of 7/8th inch Gold anodised trials bars ( medium high) And A Matching XS1100 clutch Perch and leaver to match the front XS1100 brake set up.
Lifan frame has some tacky footboards it being a cruiser style, i have some front Yamaha XJ900F foot pegs and tabs i can weld on straight away. and the cruiser type twin pipe( Twin Port Emgine) could easily lose a can or be modified for a FMF high mounted can i got in storage.
Leaving stock airbox alone but its got an EGR set up it could well lose if i can get around it for MOT.
Lights I robbed the Light small round headlight for my kawasaki 500 bobber and sold the Kawasaki headlight, This 125 will be getting a XJ900F rectangular light.
Stock clocks i still have but are super cheap and nasty so might just go minimalist and phone mount for legal purposes as over 100cc it needs a speedo of some kind to be legal in UK .
Ill start with the frame after a quick mock up with any forks wheels etc i plan on using, and i will be spraying it myself to save on the expense of powder coating.

This is more or less what it was like when new.

Last edited:
Its in the shed now got everything together and will be stripping it next week or two. I would have been on it sooner but got a car project i got last week i need to sort first. Will be on the 125 next week or two, get some pictures and an update post then.

Top Bottom Back Refresh