What's new

- Week A GROM to COTA

cabanza

Member Number
So I live in Houston, close to downtown, and last October was my last chance to see my idol in the flesh: Valentino Rossi. I decided I would take my 2022 GROM to the Circuit of the Americas.

A little bike in the big city
E-h5xxpXEAIEjTX?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

First, I had to get out. The GROM isn't highway legal so just getting out of Houston takes a while.
E-h55RfX0AQgzCC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

As I was making my way out, I decided I'd get "breakfast" at a local French bakery, Magnol. I had the chocolate eclairs. Divine. So no, it's not a typical breakfast, but hey, I'm only human. Don't judge me.
E-nFS0BXsAAiemL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I decided to make a quick stop by a dealer in Katy. I was interested in a Triumph Tiger 850 at the time. I ended up buying a 2021 Honda NC750X DCT
E_B_D8LWQAkCxHo?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

E_CA1O_WUAAU4kX?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

As I finally got out of town, it was just about time for some lunch. You can't spell Texas without "BBQ"
E-jvbK0XoAET-pf?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Everyone knows that riding makes you hungry (or is it just an excuse to indulge?). I stopped for a kolache.
FAxdepMXsAA4fdO?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FAxdkJ4XIAA0bX5?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Another light dinner before a well deserved night of sleep. I stayed in Bastrop, about 20 miles or so from the track.
FAxdnvhXMAU9E-d?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I made it early on Sunday. You can park for free on a bike at COTA. I'm pretty sure most people assumed I was coming from Austin. Lol
FA0wUdxWEAAWBIR?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I had a chance to try the new Honda NAVI
FA0wgRFXIAEebqw?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Here's my guy
FA0w2_GWYAAirWU?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Food was (way) overpriced at COTA so I waited and got me some tacos down the road
FA00t_6WYAEA5MG?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I then headed out and didn't stop until Katy, Texas where I gassed up. From there, it was another 40 minutes before I got home. I was tired but not exhausted. The GROM was fairly comfy. I got a bit of rain on Saturday afternoon but I quickly dried on the bike. The GROM didn't miss a beat. Hills were a bit of a challenge but nothing bad, really.

I did about 350 miles in 2 days. I packed the bare minimum and slept at an Airbnb. Everything I ate was store bought. I had a blast.

Wow! That is quite a ride on a Grom. Did you take hwy. 290 the entire way? I took 290 to Kerrville a couple of weekends ago and took the tollway around Austin for the first time. I don't recognize the plate under the BBQ. What restaurant is that at?

Last edited:
Wow! That is quite a ride on a Grom. Did you take hwy. 290 the entire way? I took 290 to Kerrville a couple of weekends ago and took the tollway around Austin for the first time. I don't recognize the plate under the BBQ. What restaurant is that at?
I took Old 90 which connected me to Hwy 71 which took me to Columbus. From Columbus, I went through La Grange and then Bastrop (so still Hwy 71). Hwy 290 would have been too much. Some hills on Hwy 71 were... challenging for the GROM. It was great fun though.

So I live in Houston, close to downtown, and last October was my last chance to see my idol in the flesh: Valentino Rossi. I decided I would take my 2022 GROM to the Circuit of the Americas.

A little bike in the big city
E-h5xxpXEAIEjTX?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

First, I had to get out. The GROM isn't highway legal so just getting out of Houston takes a while.
E-h55RfX0AQgzCC?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

As I was making my way out, I decided I'd get "breakfast" at a local French bakery, Magnol. I had the chocolate eclairs. Divine. So no, it's not a typical breakfast, but hey, I'm only human. Don't judge me.
E-nFS0BXsAAiemL?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I decided to make a quick stop by a dealer in Katy. I was interested in a Triumph Tiger 850 at the time. I ended up buying a 2021 Honda NC750X DCT
E_B_D8LWQAkCxHo?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

E_CA1O_WUAAU4kX?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

As I finally got out of town, it was just about time for some lunch. You can't spell Texas without "BBQ"
E-jvbK0XoAET-pf?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Everyone knows that riding makes you hungry (or is it just an excuse to indulge?). I stopped for a kolache.
FAxdepMXsAA4fdO?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FAxdkJ4XIAA0bX5?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Another light dinner before a well deserved night of sleep. I stayed in Bastrop, about 20 miles or so from the track.
FAxdnvhXMAU9E-d?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I made it early on Sunday. You can park for free on a bike at COTA. I'm pretty sure most people assumed I was coming from Austin. Lol
FA0wUdxWEAAWBIR?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I had a chance to try the new Honda NAVI
FA0wgRFXIAEebqw?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Here's my guy
FA0w2_GWYAAirWU?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Food was (way) overpriced at COTA so I waited and got me some tacos down the road
FA00t_6WYAEA5MG?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I then headed out and didn't stop until Katy, Texas where I gassed up. From there, it was another 40 minutes before I got home. I was tired but not exhausted. The GROM was fairly comfy. I got a bit of rain on Saturday afternoon but I quickly dried on the bike. The GROM didn't miss a beat. Hills were a bit of a challenge but nothing bad, really.

I did about 350 miles in 2 days. I packed the bare minimum and slept at an Airbnb. Everything I ate was store bought. I had a blast.
Nice report!! I was thinking that The Grom might have done a bit better on the hills if it's pilot had done better with his meals...:jack
But who am I to judge

Back
Top Bottom