What's new

Adventure Palooza 2023

did any one see the west bonus route is 700 miles!

I did!! I'd love to ride that one. But most likely I'll be on the south east route as that is in closer proximity to my two sons.

Bump for this ride. we're set to ride the west loop. plan on the entire 750 miles. we are leaving a truck in lees summit at a friends house thursday morning, she's an hour from the start. we will hotel it every night, including in mexico the final night. riding two ktm 500's with lots of light and good tires!

we've been bridesmaids two years in a row, here's to getting the first place plaque! :jack

20230829_154048.jpg

Best of luck to ya on the west route goosechase. My two sons and friends will be starting in Potosi on the south east route as will I. Unfortunately however, I don't think I'll be healed up well enough to ride this year. Guess I'll be providing a support truck. Lol

Close to 400 riders this year, 168 first year riders. The two tracks on the south end of the state were very challenging and rewarding to those with smaller bikes. 3 of the 4 routes were 3 day rides at the extreme starts. A truly wonderful well put together event started 7 years ago with less than 100 riders the first year.

Close to 400 riders this year, 168 first year riders. The two tracks on the south end of the state were very challenging and rewarding to those with smaller bikes. 3 of the 4 routes were 3 day rides at the extreme starts. A truly wonderful well put together event started 7 years ago with less than 100 riders the first year.
I heard the 400 number at the party saturday night. There was no where near 400 bikes there. Maybe 400 entered, maybe 400 started, but 400 did not finish. There were only 23 entries on the west route. 5 of which were solo, the rest were teams. even if all the teams had 3 or 4 people, that just doesnt math out.

the west route was posted as 700+ miles, then when the actual route came out it mathed to 610. I think we ended up with 570 miles, that included a 60 mile run on friday to kill time in jeff city. we cut a few corners to get'r done. pic dump to follow.

oh, we ended up 2nd again. 3 years in a row. I think there is some subjective favoritism in bonus points. I get it, the ride is supposed to be for fun. But those who ride it for the points take it seriously. I had it in my head to just ride for fun this year, then we ended up running hard and grabbing all the points allowed. we almost ended up 160 points out of 2nd due to one of the check points getting bonus points for not being found. :hmmmmm

the ride/event is a ton of fun. we plan to do it as long as we can.

IMG_20230921_083841762.jpg
IMG_20230922_101411429.jpg
IMG_20230922_102623174.jpg
IMG_20230922_110520739.jpg
IMG_20230923_074321177.jpg
IMG_20230923_095343678.jpg
Snapchat-221785948.jpg
Snapchat-689536027.jpg
Snapchat-1531931701.jpg
Snapchat-2129081463.jpg

There is always discussion on the goosechase points awarding leaving many scratching their heads. I just go for the ride. Last year my team won the southeast route, but mainly because the real competitive teams rode the South. We started really playing after the first day when we discovered we were in first on the route. A surprise actually. I've ridden with the seriously competitive teams before, and they enjoy the competition, for me however it took away from the ride. Something for everyone I suppose.

There is always discussion on the goosechase points awarding leaving many scratching their heads. I just go for the ride. Last year my team won the southeast route, but mainly because the real competitive teams rode the South. We started really playing after the first day when we discovered we were in first on the route. A surprise actually. I've ridden with the seriously competitive teams before, and they enjoy the competition, for me however it took away from the ride. Something for everyone I suppose.
Need to make it a point next year to meet you.

Top Bottom Back Refresh