What's new

Advice please. Tires

EGR

Member Number
This will be unusual, maybe seriously strange. I’m good on street and track.

Here’s my situation. June I messed up my back badly (mowing machine wheel removal) Down a long time. Screws in spine. Lost a lot of leg strength and working daily on recovery. Slow cuz I’m 78 lol.

I want to put some very grippy tires on xt250, almost all grass, hilly pasture, so I can add slow, stand up hour or so work out to my PT agenda. Grass, hardwood leaves. Mild hills, wet weather creek, few rock spots. Did I mention slow? DOT irrelevant.

Help please and thanks
6CBB6A08-9709-40BF-A2F8-BC6DE94BB6DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MVI
A super grippy tire is the Motoz Arena hybrid GUMMY and the Motoz Xtreme hybrid GUMMY.

Be glad to take this off line into a DM/Conversation if you like.

My Vendor Page,,,,

A super grippy tire is the Motoz Arena hybrid GUMMY and the Motoz Xtreme hybrid GUMMY.

My Vendor Page,,,,

Mind reader. I have the Arena Hybrid GUMMY on the back of my Beta 300RR. Perfect for the terrain being described. I'm running the soft compound front. I can't remember the name but similar to the Goldentyre 216 fatty. I've been very pleased with the Motoz on the 300 and the 1090R and the back of my 500EXC. I guess I'm a fanboi now...

Reactions: MVI
Might take a look at a Kenda K760 rear. Very reasonably priced and grip very well in those conditions. I didn't care for the front and the front is every bit as important as the back. Just find a good knobby, I'm fond of the Kenda washougal 2, but any good knobby will work for you. Good luck on your rehab

Reactions: EGR
This will be unusual, maybe seriously strange. I’m good on street and track.

Here’s my situation. June I messed up my back badly (mowing machine wheel removal) Down a long time. Screws in spine. Lost a lot of leg strength and working daily on recovery. Slow cuz I’m 78 lol.

I want to put some very grippy tires on xt250, almost all grass, hilly pasture, so I can add slow, stand up hour or so work out to my PT agenda. Grass, hardwood leaves. Mild hills, wet weather creek, few rock spots. Did I mention slow? DOT irrelevant.

Help please and thanks
6CBB6A08-9709-40BF-A2F8-BC6DE94BB6DE.jpeg

I would suggest a trials tire. They are designed for low speed grip. Dunlop or IRC only, there are others but the rubber compounds are sub par and designed more for dual sport use. As an internet/YouTube certified doctor, I would suggest just getting a trials bike for the PT. The bike would be perfect for what you describe wanting to do.

My Vendor Page,,,,

Thanks! Excellent. Email incoming…

I would suggest a trials tire. They are designed for low speed grip. Dunlop or IRC only, there are others but the rubber compounds are sub par and designed more for dual sport use. As an internet/YouTube certified doctor, I would suggest just getting a trials bike for the PT. The bike would be perfect for what you describe wanting to do.
Yes. Temptation, fer sure. I’ve sorta started reading about E trials stuff. But, the xt is down in the barn now… on like old 80/20 rock hard tires. Mostly used up and down river roads fishing.

Yes. Temptation, fer sure. I’ve sorta started reading about E trials stuff. But, the xt is down in the barn now… on like old 80/20 rock hard tires. Mostly used up and down river roads fishing.

How far are you from the trials training center? They are having a training event there at the end of March, it would be good to stop by and see what beginner level trials looks like. It is mainly just riding through the woods and making nice turns. Not jumping up anything. There are sometimes deals there on used bikes

About hour and half on two-lanes and goat roads. Usually drop into valley on Daus Mt Rd a bit N of TTC. SueBob’s Diner at Powels Crossroads and TTC are regular waypoints in a go East day ride. Soon after they started a few times we camped there and day rode klr650 around the valley and Signal Mtn
BC5EE249-A0CC-4C96-B1E2-42517D1A6A06.jpeg

I'm wondering I'd studded tires might be the answer. You can even make up your own. Since you're looking at slow they should grip like glue to the earth

Back
Top Bottom