What's new

Air filter cleaning options

Twin Air Cleaner in a tub for re-use, and the Maxima FFT oil.

I Wait until I have 3 or more dirty filters, clean them all, oil, and stuff each one into their own Ziplock baggie.
Kinda ensures I always have a pre-oiled filter ready if needed, and carry as spare on the bike for multi day trips off road

I also put an PC RACING oiled filter skin in each ziplock, Cause I like to ride in dusty places.

Last edited:
This Oxi-Clean stuff is quite amazing. I'm cleaning my deck and the deck cleaner is basically Oxi-Clean in a concentrated mixture. (got a nice chemical burn to prove it too... stupid thing to do the day before an event)

Yeah, I got close with the chemical burn, I got some notoil on my hands. To wash it off, I sprinkled a bit of powder on my hands and began to scrub, i felt the heat from the reaction and quickly got my hands under water. Now, if I need to wash my hands, I’ll mix it in a little bucket first.

Twin Air Cleaner in a tub for re-use, and the Maxima FFT oil.

I Wait until I have 3 or more dirty filters, clean them all, oil, and stuff each one into their own Ziplock baggie.
Kinda ensures I always have a pre-oiled filter ready if needed, and carry as spare on the bike for multi day trips off road

I also put an PC RACING oiled filter skin in each ziplock, Cause I like to ride in dusty places.

If you ever switch to no toil, don’t put the filter in a bag right away. Let it sit out for a day, if placed in a bag immediately, it will melt the glue on the seams of the filter.

I have never seen anyone use a filter skin on a trials bike. I am not sure they make them that small.

Top Bottom Back Refresh