What's new

Air Pump

Expat47

Member Number
[UWSL][UWSL]Ever since my machinery has come with dual disk breaks maintaining proper air pressure has been a hated chore. Finding the right equipment at the filling stations and then the right position that equipment will find the valve was just a pain in the butt! [/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL]So, a few months ago I bought a little air pump like the one in the picture below. With the clip on connector the task of topping off the tires becomes a job of just a few minutes, no hassles, no burnt arms, skinned knuckles, and no need to invent a whole new vocabulary. [/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL]The one I bought is no brand I've ever heard of so I don't think that's an issue but that clip-on valve connector is a MUST.[/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL]
1697378515049.png
[/UWSL][/UWSL]

I'm still squirrelling away little CO2 cartridges in nooks and crannies. I got cartridges some on my bike now that I bought like three bikes ago. I can remember using them four times. Once for myself and every other one was to help a random guy on the side of the road.

How often y'all experience flats? I've had two since I turned 16 in 1996.

Last edited:
Way back in the day I had 1 on an MZ 250cc. But I got the pump because trying to fit whatever delivery system at the gas stations to be able to fit onto the air valve between the disks was getting annoying. At times it was easier to run down to my tire guy and have them squirt some air into the tires.

I typically put right angle valve stems on my bikes at the first tire change. Makes access much easier. Ariete 90º There are lots of different brands, but I've always used Ariete and been happy with them. Available in both stem sizes and a bunch of colors. (Beautiful Wife was happy to pick her color for her bike, I mostly go with black.)

As for flats, I've had lots of them over the years and miles. Maybe I just ride more interesting places? I've helped a lot of riders on the side of the road over the years too. I always carry an air pump and flat repair kit for tubeless tires. Those tube guys are on their own. ;-)

I used right-angle valves stems too but this Kymco has pressure sensors at $70 a pop and they don't bend. Too much tech.

I'm still squirrelling away little CO2 cartridges in nooks and crannies. I got cartridges some on my bike now that I bought like three bikes ago. I can remember using them four times. Once for myself and every other one was to help a random guy on the side of the road.

How often y'all experience flats? I've had two since I turned 16 in 1996.
I get flats a few times a year on my dirt bikes, but mostly I use the pump to air up and down my tires to travel on road then on trail.As road pressure and trail pressure vary greatly. I have a small rechargeable pump from Amazon that travels with me . It is almost a must have and gets a lot of use helping others on the trail system

Top Bottom Back Refresh