What's new

Annual Ride to Work

cabanza

Member Number
Ride_to_Work_2023_Poster.jpg

I ride every day. I get vip parking...... But maybe I'll ride a nice newer bike on monday in the spirit of things. And try for a good pic

I can't imagine how nice it must be to ride to work everyday. I get to push the mighty Grumman down the road instead. Aerodynamics of a parachute.

I ride every night to and from work as long as the roads are dry. I hate riding in nighttime rain. Other driver's LED beams make for a shitty time.
That is annoying and so is high beams on the interstate in the opposite direction. Or the crazy fog lights.

The neighbor and I talked about bicycling to work tomorrow due to a blinker fluid shortage... i work in a small team and our one coworker missed work for two days due to a dead truck battery. ( lives under 2 miles away) I talked about riding "dirty" on a minibike. Nah I guess my cheap 29r or a classic bmx for tomorrow. Have to leave early. We raced today..a strom vs clone 50 scooter. I give a big headstart! I got caught behind a work van today. I caught him at the gate. I hit 2nd and dirt tracked in the yard but the 50 laid it on. I had to slow down for a mulched out mud hole....And the scooter never let up. Today was a hard earned tie.......

That is annoying and so is high beams on the interstate in the opposite direction. Or the crazy fog lights.
ALL modern headlights, especially high beams, are annoying. I hate to drive at night anymore due to the oncoming glare, much less ride. And it wouldn't matter if I had the same brightness headlights too, it wouldn't change what was blasting into my eyes through my windshield. To me, the risk is too high trying to actually see what's immediately in front of you while looking at the white line on the edge of the pavement (as they tell you to do, and it used to be only for high beams) to avoid as much glare directly into my eyes as possible.

I used to ride to work every day too rain or shine, during my 20s in large part because I often didn't have a car and even when I did it was usually a beater because my money was always in my bike(s). Later on for me, jobs changed and the requirements meant I couldn't ride a bike because of what I had to carry (car accessories installer, trunk full of stock and tools). So my daily rides have diminished over the years.

I like riding as much as possible since I have 20 years to make up for all that lost time. Plus my car has a fatal design flaw in its motor. I want to reduce the strain on it as much as possible. My car is 10 years old now, has only 73,xxx original miles, and the motor's design flaw is becoming more pronounced as time goes. Good thing is as long as I own that car, or that car is in circulation, whoever has it will get a free motor at the expense of Kia. It's been paid off for almost 8 years. I don't see why I should get rid of it. It's almost unstoppable in the snow with chains equipped. I only drive it on rainy days/nights, grocery or other types of shopping, and when I'm simply too damn tired to ride.

Almost wiped out the other night due to somebody's LED high beams. Blinded me for a second and when I finally regained my vision, all I saw was a guard rail I was headed directly toward. It was right before a sharp curve. A curve I'm very familiar with since I ride/drive through it each night to work and every morning home.

I wear a dirt bike helmet with goggles. I always tuck my visor down past the factory adjustment. This stabilizes the helmet at intersstate speeds. And I can tilt my head to block on coming highbeams. Most of these lights are illegal bulbs. But people still install.

Just got home from work. The 29r bicycle was todays choice. Not sure which moto I'll ride monday. I park the strom at the edge of the porch. So I can step directly on to the bike and take off. I leave the bike in 1st gear also. I have always left my commuter bike outside. Makes for a quick get away.

I was off on RTW day so I rode to my parents house. On the way home a brain dead cager came within about 18” of rear ending me and probably killing me. Crazy woman ran right through a standing red light.

Top Bottom Back Refresh