What's new

Anyone have a Porsche on order?

Amphib

Member Number

A cargo ship longer than two football fields carrying up to 4,000 Porsche’s and Volkswagens has caught fire and is adrift in the middle of the Atlantic​

[UWSL] [/UWSL]

I'm tired of hearing about all the ship problems.

Ports are hosed...

Not enough containers...

Ship on fire...

Why don't they just drive them over?

1100 Porsche's, the rest are VWs

Sucks though with all that oil being released in the sea

If it’s not air cooled it’s not a real Porsche or VW. Let them sink, Nice artificial reef! :photog
Agree. Real. Driven every morning. Container ship load more fun than any waterpumper.
EEBFE769-DE0D-460E-9F12-4FD6364CA7C8.jpeg
44248DA3-6533-4E85-9DA9-AFCE57F1CB39.jpeg

Agree. Real. Driven every morning. Container ship load more fun than any waterpumper.
EEBFE769-DE0D-460E-9F12-4FD6364CA7C8.jpeg
44248DA3-6533-4E85-9DA9-AFCE57F1CB39.jpeg

Wow, that's gorgeous! :thumb

This happened this past weekend at a local race where they close a bunch of roads and race vintage cars. The Porsche was just taking people around the track for hot laps during intermission.

This happened this past weekend at a local race where they close a bunch of roads and race vintage cars. The Porsche was just taking people around the track for hot laps during intermission.

The car is on a disaster line from first frame of the clip. Obviously clueless driver. A front engine, front drive boffin with a new golf club carrier…

The car is on a disaster line from first frame of the clip. Obviously clueless driver. A front engine, front drive boffin with a new golf club carrier…

Yeah, I was trying not to armchair QB the driver but he definitely does not understand the ”when in doubt, throttle out” mindset. I have been around that corner thousands of times on a motorcycle, it is uphill and very fun to drag pegs on. I heard a faulty ABS system was blamed but if the driver was relying on ABS, they were driving above their pay grade.

Reactions: EGR
Yeah, I was trying not to armchair QB the driver but he definitely does not understand the ”when in doubt, throttle out” mindset. I have been around that corner thousands of times on a motorcycle, it is uphill and very fun to drag pegs on. I heard a faulty ABS system was blamed but if the driver was relying on ABS, they were driving above their pay grade.
LOLOL. ABS. Been laughing at that line for all time. I was living in MA when ABS arrived. Plenty of evidence immediately that ABS was regarded as a license for people to claim Andretti as middle name.

Last thing here ref the Aircooled/Wasserpumper Pcar thing.

Sixtyfive years from today will your modern car come back to the garage after an hour’s morning twolane twisty run barely breaking a sweat?

Last thing here ref the Aircooled/Wasserpumper Pcar thing.

Sixtyfive years from today will your modern car come back to the garage after an hour’s morning twolane twisty run barely breaking a sweat?

192 is higher than I have ever seen my temp gauge go. Usually hovers right around 160 no matter what I am doing to it.

192 is higher than I have ever seen my temp gauge go. Usually hovers right around 160 no matter what I am doing to it.
You are reading a liquid coolant temperature sampled between radiator and engine

Oil is different fluid doing a different job and temperature of which is considerably more telling. The thermocouple in the vid clip above is in contact with the bottom of the running engine’s case submerged in oil.

A 356A has a dash mounted oil temp gauge. Its sender is just downstream of the oil cooler. It typically reads about 120F running in, say, 80F ambient air.
12C8F65D-1461-40FA-9A6B-1279188C9A3A.jpeg

Last edited:
You are reading a liquid coolant temperature sampled between radiator and engine

Oil is different fluid doing a different job and temperature of which is considerably more telling. The thermocouple in the vid clip above is in contact with the bottom of the running engine’s case submerged in oil.

A 356A has a dash mounted oil temp gauge. Its sender is just downstream of the oil cooler. It typically reads about 120F running in, say, 80F ambient air.
12C8F65D-1461-40FA-9A6B-1279188C9A3A.jpeg

185-190...

Car has both, digital and analogue on the dash.

Back
Top Bottom