What's new

Aprilia Tuareg 660

woundflatout

Member Number
I know ...I am a glutton for punishment placing an order for a 1st gen Italian bike from a manufacturer with questionable support and reliability...but this thing ticks all of the right boxes. I have the best dealer in the country (AF1 Racing) about 25 minutes away, so that helped sway my decision.

I'll let you know
Screenshot_20220208-180137.jpg
when I take delivery.

I know ...I am a glutton for punishment placing an order for a 1st gen Italian bike from a manufacturer with questionable support and reliability...but this thing ticks all of the right boxes. I have the best dealer in the country (AF1 Racing) about 25 minutes away, so that helped sway my decision.

I'll let you know
when I take delivery.
If I lived that close to AF1 I'd have an order placed

The old reliability issues are a thing of the past. I had the same reservations when I bought my Aprilia Dorsoduro back in 2011, but they were unfounded. I've had very little issues with the bike, despite taking it off road when it wasn't really meant for that. Certainly no more than my Hondas or Suzukis.

Support from Aprilia is an issue, but AF1 has been my solution. I have found that they generally have more parts in stock than the Aprilia factory.

The 660 parallel twin looks promising. In the RS660, it makes about the same power as my 750 v-twin.

The Taureg looks like a direct competitor to the Yamaha Tenere 700, or the 700/800 BMW GS. It's the bike I was looking for when I converted my Dorsoduro to an all terrain machine.

1644638798444.png

I'll let you know
when I take delivery.
Sounds like a poor decision. I approve 👍

Having owned several aprilias, I usually plan on rebuilding the electrical system (for bikes prior to Piaggo ownership).

The tuareg looks nice, good luck with it!

My bike has arrived in Austin. I can't pick it up until next Tuesday, because I am busy with MotoGP weekend. I'll post up my impressions as soon as I can twist the throttle...
tapatalk_1208177228_504x378.jpeg
A friend of mine is in Austin for GP and sent pics of your bike while visiting AF1 yesterday! Love these things!

Back
Top Bottom