MVI MOTO
Mod
Vendor
ADV+
Member Number
Finally - after 4 years in the making

1648498057862.png

March 28, 2022

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has signed a law legalizing lane filtering after the bill cruised through both the Senate and House chambers with strong bipartisan support. The law now puts the state in the company of Utah and Montana.

The passage of Senate Bill 1273, sponsored by Sen. Tyler Pace (R-Mesa District 23) and championed by ABATE of Arizona, allows riders to cruise slowly between lanes at speeds no faster than 15 mph if the other vehicles are stopped. Modeled off Utah’s legislation, the practice can only be done on roads posted at 45 mph or less. It does not allow riders to pass on the shoulder or on the median

“This law has been four years in the making,” said Michael Infanzon, legislative director for ABATE of Arizona. “But we had a really great sponsor for the bill this year with Senator Pace. He is an active motorcycle rider and it was key to have someone who understood the danger of being rear-ended. This is all about safety and nothing more than part of the plan to reduce motorcycle fatalities in Arizona.”

With the law set to be in effect 90 days after adjournment, likely to be mid-September, ABATE of Arizona and the Arizona Motorcycle Awareness and Safety Foundation will be working with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and the Department of Public Safety to educate riders and the public on the new legislation.

Even though it's now the law, you know there will still be cagers that get upset over it. Always be on watch for doors opening in front of you...
Yup, it will take years for the cage culture to catch up with California and Europe. Stay on your toes. You can be right, but the law of gross tonnage, and idiot drivers won't care if you are.

I wash it was legal here in Vegas. Some people do it anyway. I’ve seen Metro bike cops do it.

Having spent most of my life in SoCal, I lanesplit a lot, it's just natural to me. I have yet to have a problem with it in other states.

Yup, it will take years for the cage culture to catch up with California and Europe. Stay on your toes. You can be right, but the law of gross tonnage, and idiot drivers won't care if you are.

Sao Paulo Brazil has perfected lane splitting. Cagers see a bike coming and move out of the way.

This is the only good thing about Californians moving to AZ in droves. They all know about lane splitting. It's the dickheads from elsewhere who have a stupid sense of righteous indignation and become offended about bikers doing the maneuver.

Finally - after 4 years in the making

1648498057862.png

March 28, 2022

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has signed a law legalizing lane filtering after the bill cruised through both the Senate and House chambers with strong bipartisan support. The law now puts the state in the company of Utah and Montana.

The passage of Senate Bill 1273, sponsored by Sen. Tyler Pace (R-Mesa District 23) and championed by ABATE of Arizona, allows riders to cruise slowly between lanes at speeds no faster than 15 mph if the other vehicles are stopped. Modeled off Utah’s legislation, the practice can only be done on roads posted at 45 mph or less. It does not allow riders to pass on the shoulder or on the median

“This law has been four years in the making,” said Michael Infanzon, legislative director for ABATE of Arizona. “But we had a really great sponsor for the bill this year with Senator Pace. He is an active motorcycle rider and it was key to have someone who understood the danger of being rear-ended. This is all about safety and nothing more than part of the plan to reduce motorcycle fatalities in Arizona.”

With the law set to be in effect 90 days after adjournment, likely to be mid-September, ABATE of Arizona and the Arizona Motorcycle Awareness and Safety Foundation will be working with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and the Department of Public Safety to educate riders and the public on the new legislation.
So then... Another 20 years for Texas maybe?

Having spent most of my life in SoCal, I lanesplit a lot, it's just natural to me. I have yet to have a problem with it in other states.
I'm in nor cal half the year, I'd do similar in Southwest states

Glad AZ allows lane filtering now

Here in Athens splitting & filtering is about the only reason I've got my scoot! Taking a car into town is just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom