What's new

Baby Thumpers, Grom, Monkey, Z125, ADV190, Spade.....

Might be fun if it was street legal.
I guess that could never happen these days.

I had an XT200 a few years ago, a friend has it now, and I think it would be very close to this.
Its about 200 pounds, 200cc TW200/XT225 motor, about 8 inches of suspension, minimal 6 volt electrical system.
But you CAN tag it.....
Tagged for sure. The Orion has estart and claimed weight of 168lbs. It would be a fantastic mini dual sport! Your old XT probably has more torque but a lot of extra weight.

Tagged for sure. The Orion has estart and claimed weight of 168lbs. It would be a fantastic mini dual sport! Your old XT probably has more torque but a lot of extra weight.
Likely only 20 pounds and much of that in the wheels and tires.
The one I had did nt have a tool box, battery, or turn signals (or horn).
There was not much to that bike, it has a huge shock about 3 feet long under the seat and gas tank...

I may get that bike back, but it needs a bit of work, a bore, piston and rings, and clutch work.
I got it for $500.00 and it had a sock for an air filter, so the rings and bore were shot.
I honed it and put rings in it and it ran well and used no oil but it does need a bore
When hot, the clutch drags a bit making it hard to find neutral, but its quite good in the dirt, nice seat also...

Sounds like you are in love with the XT! According to wiki the xt200 is 216lbs. So the Orion is 48lbs lighter:ricky

I've got an xt225 motor that needs rebuilt that you can have. Estart and a 6 speed might transform the ole XT:super

Well, like I said, there are a lot of things no longer on the bike, plus its 6 volt so no electric start, and there is no place for a battery.
The giant shock takes up all the space under the gas tank and seat...

75 miles in the pine barrens, was very nice!
The Monkey is not really into sand, but did it anyway...
75822265-99F4-4428-99D1-9CDF3EAF6AC7.jpg

A2FB2F43-AE80-4D3F-92C9-DEAA07C5671F.jpg

75 miles and I think I used about a cup of gas.
It only went down 1 bar below full.
The motor has nice power and torque (and throttle response) between 3000 to 5000 rpm and I spent a lot of time in 2nd and 3rd gear at that rpm range and got great MPG, off the charts!

Got my cargo setup done, love the Saddlemen stuff.
70F today, great riding!
445253B2-E245-4D41-A17A-8E19D315D24C.jpg

I think I could bike camp off that setup with a sleeping bag attached to the top, it holds a lot!

Did an oil change and installed a new carb. The carb transformed the bike everywhere! Crisp low end, nice transition, more top end. 20 hrs so far:super

Orion fx1 125cc

0722191756_resize_5.jpg

A8A7DEE5-F430-4162-B2C1-B0EC5C28DC2D.jpg

B95FD8AA-70C3-4E5B-B308-7A864AE3988A.jpg

Went out after work and checked out the new Ohlins shocks and the progressive suspension kit in the forks.
Very nice, I can do jumps and not bottom out, no noises.
Travel is still limited but the ride is much better with damping and not bottoming out.
Tires are still slippery in the sand or mud slime though.
They are fantastic on the street and on hard dirt though...
We need a good 50/50 dual sport tire in a 130-80-12!

This 70 series tire might work. They're sized for the Grom. I think you'd lose about an inch in diameter.
They make an already small wheel smaller, which hurts in sand and mud.
Also, less ground clearance and rim protection...

Would pullstarts be welcome here or is that another thread. The little bikes usaully have no place. Definitely more thump than scooter even with the auto clutchs. Ive spent time lately trail testing these bikes with decent results. Run 80cc -212cc engines. I keep a testbed chassis or 2 for engine swaps and mods. Along with other big tire small tire bikes for friends and family. I like that the parts and bikes are readily available and easy to mod.

This bike is way capable and nuts. $400 dollar thumper. The powerband is 15-30mph and almost brutal. Vid was just riding in clutch slip mostly and the terrain was kinda rough to get in the rpms

Back
Top Bottom