What's new

Baby Thumpers, Grom, Monkey, Z125, ADV190, Spade.....

What mileage are most seeing? I'm getting about 92mpg, far cry from the estimated 155mpg.

I asked a few questions from the manufacturer and will do some more testing. I'm including their responses below, they were very helpful and prompt. The ECU from the 19-21 and 22+ Monkey is different and doesn't allow just for an adapter. They did mention that they may offer a drain plug sensor that would work. I'll be using a magnetic plug so not an option for me. Even without the oil temp I'm still happy with the unit. This will all work perfectly when they release the M1208 which is for the 22+ Monkey so anyone think of an Opmid should just wait for that.

Mechanism is simple, but explanation is a little difficult.
Value in section "1.6" affects both speedometer and gear position.
"1.3" "1.4" "1.5" "1.7" affects only speedometer.

"1.6" and "5.1" to "5.6" affect gear position.

Using these settings, meter will determine the current reduction ratio and display gear position with closest reduction ratio.
The correct gear may be displayed even if the setting is slightly off.

[How to check]
Turn on "Gear Ratio Display" in Section 5.8.
You can display the gear ratio at the end of the B button column.
You can check while driving whether the reduction ratio of 1st to 5th gear is set correctly.

[About Thermometer]
Unfortunately, it is not possible to make an adapter and solve it completely.
The ECU system has changed from 2022(JB03) to more complicated. If you replace coupler or modify wiring and connect it to a genuine sensor, it will roughly display correct temp.
However, in fact, error record remains inside ECU.
Check lamp does not light because it is a low level caution.
The actual negative effect is that the cold idle up sometimes doesn't work. The probability is about 1/5.

This is content confirmed in Japanese specification, and it is not confirmed whether the overseas specification is same.
Models without ABS may still be the system of the old ECU.

Fun on the singletrack. 3200 miles on my Monkey, I love it!
141EF15F-F3B2-462E-B098-73F11AA9AF81.jpg

Been a while since some updates. I've added the following:
  • Chimera Intake
  • DHM Camshaft
  • DMH ECU tune
  • G-Craft Side Rack
  • G-Craft handle bar rack but installed where the stock intake was.
  • Revolution rear brake pedal
  • Revolution engine cover
  • Revolution seat bolts
  • GTR Engine guards
  • G-Craft Shift shaft support
  • G-Craft billet oil cap
I'm waiting on a 5l and 10l dry pack to arrive and a tool tube. This adds to the oil filter cap and magnetic drain plug waiting on the 600 mile service. The bike already had the G-craft rear and front racks and a SP Takegawa exhaust.

I'll add pics below as it's easier ty from my phone but it's easier to type on my keyboard :) The only other planned additions are a Zeta Adventure windscreen (when it comes back in stock), Chimera tappet and crankcase covers to provide some extra cooling, Brake and clutch levers and most likely front and rear Rizoma signals.

Takegawa side rack and modified handle bar rack added. 10l and 5 l dry bags and fuel bottle holder (need to pick up another bottle as the Monkey uses 93 octane now).

monkey 6-2022 01.jpeg

monkey 6-2022 02.jpeg

monkey 6-2022 04.jpeg

monkey 6-2022 03.jpeg

Honda Grom VS Cake Osa+: How Does An EV Motorcycle Stack Up Against Gas In A Range Test?​

Honda Grom VS Cake Osa+: How Does An EV Motorcycle Stack Up Against Gas In A Range Test?​

Another useless electric bike. $10,500 and a 30 mile range? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The only thing it would be good for is very short range commuting except I wouldn't even consider it useful for that since it isn't set up to carry anything except in a back pack. Are there even any accessories available like a luggage rack? The Grom could be set up to go touring with a few accessories. People have ridden the TAT on Groms.

Until there is a significant improvement in battery technology I'll stick with ICE bikes.

Another useless electric bike. $10,500 and a 30 mile range? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The only thing it would be good for is very short range commuting except I wouldn't even consider it useful for that since it isn't set up to carry anything except in a back pack. Are there even any accessories available like a luggage rack? The Grom could be set up to go touring with a few accessories. People have ridden the TAT on Groms.

Until there is a significant improvement in battery technology I'll stick with ICE bikes.
Over $10 grand… OK. They admit they were riding it hard, but like the guy doing the review said, how much fun would be nursing a motorcycle around? I'm all in on electric motorcycles, but that bike stinks, limited range, and it's as ugly as sin.

I saw that one as well. I've seen reviews on various Cake models and I always comment the are stupidly overpriced for what you get. If for some reason I wanted to spend that kind of money on an electric I'd get a BMW CE 04. The only way I'd realistically do that is if I moved to a city and sold my vehicles and just had that and a utility for transportation.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm still impressed. Pretty sweet ride for someone in their late teens to bomb around on. $2,699,00

Last edited:
Top Bottom Back Refresh