What's new

Baby Thumpers, Grom, Monkey, Z125, ADV190, Spade.....

NEW Bluroc Tracker 125LC WORLD FIRST REVIEW​

If you're curious what's available in the UK and Europe, this chap does reviews of those bikes.

Last edited:
Scored another Monkey today, a 2023.
DC82DD8A-BAF6-4536-9DC4-896EDEE378C5.jpg

5 speed!

Congrats but I'd dispute the upgrade of the Benelli 135 over the Monkey. The name and history may be Italian but the company that owns the name is the Qianjiang Group, and they are built in Wenling, China.

You may want to change the oil pretty soon too.

Thanks. Good video.

26EDA74B-D38F-46EA-AB0F-CDA808FA2FF8.jpeg
54356484-EAA8-42D8-85F6-FE3A572D9835.jpeg
17F5526F-9826-4C6A-96D6-7D52A06A9AA3.jpeg
83A242A2-75EA-4811-87E9-E0EAAD6E3373.jpeg

I hope the little SSR 125 counts. I got this summer of 2021 for my daughter. She’s ridden it but until last weekend, I hadn’t other than up and down the street we live on occasionally to keep gas flowing through the carburetor. I met a buddy out at the dirt bike ranch we’re members of so that his daughter and grandkids could ride. That thing ran like a top all day long for three days. And no telling just how many times it got dropped.

My buddy and I were impressed by how well the little pit bike did with his adult daughter and her boyfriend. So my buddy and I both took it out for a while on a little kiddie course. But it got us thinking about just how capable it is. So on on evening, I took it out for a nine mile single track loop that has a good variation of just about every kind of terrain: sand, rocks, hard pack, hill climbs, roots, etc. The bike did it all, hauling my fat ass up hill and through deep sand whoops. The only hang up was literal. In a narrow passage between a standing tree to the left and an uprooted tree on the right, with a bunch of roots between that you have to go over, it was too narrow for the relatively low foot pegs to make it through. The pegs and bike hung up and I got thrown over the handlebar with my left leg caught between the bike and the tree. Because it’s only a little pit bike, the only gear I was wearing was a helmet and gloves. Otherwise, jeans, a t shirt and tennis shoes. Fortunately I only ended up with a scraped leg but I won’t take it for granted again.

The pit bike is a full automatic, just twist and go. That’s really nice on the trail. It’s really got me thinking how nice a Rekluse would be on one of my bigger bikes… I foresee one on my CRF250RX. From now on, whether my daughter is with me or not, I think I’ll probably take the pit bike with me along with the bigger bikes. It’s just such a hoot to ride! It feels like I’m getting away with something I shouldn’t be doing, and that’s a good thing.

26EDA74B-D38F-46EA-AB0F-CDA808FA2FF8.jpeg
54356484-EAA8-42D8-85F6-FE3A572D9835.jpeg
17F5526F-9826-4C6A-96D6-7D52A06A9AA3.jpeg
83A242A2-75EA-4811-87E9-E0EAAD6E3373.jpeg

I hope the little SSR 125 counts. I got this summer of 2021 for my daughter. She’s ridden it but until last weekend, I hadn’t other than up and down the street we live on occasionally to keep gas flowing through the carburetor. I met a buddy out at the dirt bike ranch we’re members of so that his daughter and grandkids could ride. That thing ran like a top all day long for three days. And no telling just how many times it got dropped.

My buddy and I were impressed by how well the little pit bike did with his adult daughter and her boyfriend. So my buddy and I both took it out for a while on a little kiddie course. But it got us thinking about just how capable it is. So on on evening, I took it out for a nine mile single track loop that has a good variation of just about every kind of terrain: sand, rocks, hard pack, hill climbs, roots, etc. The bike did it all, hauling my fat ass up hill and through deep sand whoops. The only hang up was literal. In a narrow passage between a standing tree to the left and an uprooted tree on the right, with a bunch of roots between that you have to go over, it was too narrow for the relatively low foot pegs to make it through. The pegs and bike hung up and I got thrown over the handlebar with my left leg caught between the bike and the tree. Because it’s only a little pit bike, the only gear I was wearing was a helmet and gloves. Otherwise, jeans, a t shirt and tennis shoes. Fortunately I only ended up with a scraped leg but I won’t take it for granted again.

The pit bike is a full automatic, just twist and go. That’s really nice on the trail. It’s really got me thinking how nice a Rekluse would be on one of my bigger bikes… I foresee one on my CRF250RX. From now on, whether my daughter is with me or not, I think I’ll probably take the pit bike with me along with the bigger bikes. It’s just such a hoot to ride! It feels like I’m getting away with something I shouldn’t be doing, and that’s a good thing.
Pitbikes can be very capable. Lately I'm trying hard not to get a kx112. But the 4 stroke pitbike horizontals have a 19/16 wheelset in some models too. The pitbikes also have so many engine options. Kinda hard to argue with affordable light capable bikes with parts availability and mod potential. The 19/16 looks to have alot of ground clearence for trail riding plus bigger wheels.

CF Moto is going retro with their new Papio XO-1

FVWNUFAKTZE3BCB24XEURSTWBM.jpg
I just don't get the thinking of these companies. They would sell much better if they could offer a real advantage over the Grom other than being $500 cheaper. How hard would it be to make this a 150 with a couple more horsepower and real performance advantage over the Grom? As it is the questionable reliability and support for a Chinese bike isn't worth saving $500. If it had a real performance advantage I might be tempted.

Cheap wins for parents buying bikes for children but not for most riders.
They want some performance and reliability.
I don't have a lot of money but I would not buy a crappy bike just because its cheap.

And I agree, most companies seem clueless about sales, take the Vanvan, if it was a 250, or it had good suspension, or if it was a lot lighter then the TW200 it would have sold like crazy, instead it was a bit heavier, a bit lower, with a bit less suspension then the TW has.
What were they thinking?
Where is the DRZ400 with the 6 speed trans, or at least a wide range 5 speed?
Where is the TU350 using the DR350 motor?
What is Suzuki's MSF bike for people to learn on?

Honda is on a roll with the CT125, Monkey and Grom, where is the 150cc delux bikes with the 2 gallon gas tanks?

Cheap wins for parents buying bikes for children but not for most riders.
They want some performance and reliability.
I don't have a lot of money but I would not buy a crappy bike just because its cheap.

Honda is on a roll with the CT125, Monkey and Grom, where is the 150cc delux bikes with the 2 gallon gas tanks?
The thing is that some of those cheap Chinese bikes are pretty good bikes and well worth the money....but others are just cheap. Most of them haven't been around long enough to really be able to tell which they are and there are few dealers and who knows what kind of support you'll get if you have problems.

I have a few friends who have bought Cheap Chinese bikes and they have been pretty happy with them and had minimal problems.

My clone ct70 has been fine. The evap canister caused some problems. And the transmission needs a stronger detent spring. I radiused the intake boot at the airbox, sanded the needle, 17 tooth sprocket and a 120/90-10 rear tire. 3rd gear can run past 55mph and I have never topped 4th. The clone has a more relaxed cruise than my tw. The grom wasn't even available till years after my purchase. I would be tempted to try one of the passport clones. But a good price on a trail125 would win.

Been around for awhile but cant find a street legal version...

Looks like a ripoff of navin's bike from a few years back

Top Bottom Back Refresh