What's new

Banff and Jasper National Parks help and ideas

Earache

Member Number
Do we have any experts, ( actual or self proclaimed - I can't be picky) , on Banff and Jasper Nat'l Parks in Canuckistan here?
Planning a trip there in July and so far have 2 nights scheduled in Calgary and one in Jasper. Have the hotels lined up for Calgary but need suggestions on where to stay in Jasper. No camping.
Also any "must see" or do items?
Will only have three days and I know that's not enough time to see it all, but it's what we have.
Have never been there before so any help is greatly appreciated.

I did 4 winters and one summer in Jasper but it's been ages since I've been back. As said the ice fields parkway is a must.
Thanks - already have the Parkway on the list. Got a room for the night at Tonquin Inn - not sure if it's a dump or not, but was lucky to get a room as the better hotels were all sold out already. The place is gonna be crowded!

Definitely a must do for sure and from what I remember it is a beauty overload. I actually camped at a few spots which was really cool. I met a few off-duty rangers and we had great fun around the campfire exchanging stupid tourist questions.... :lol3

Takakkaw falls is pretty neat. The spiral rail road tunnel that is right there is very interesting. We camped in a campground near there, with a view of the entrance and exit of the tunnel, we got to see a couple trains navigate it.

Takakkaw falls is pretty neat. The spiral rail road tunnel that is right there is very interesting. We camped in a campground near there, with a view of the entrance and exit of the tunnel, we got to see a couple trains navigate it.
Cool - I'll add that to the list of places to look for. Thanks!

Yeah, Icefields parkway is one of those things... every tourist does it. But I was there a few times, and every time it makes my jaw drop again and again, and I am used to the Swiss alps (which I also love).

Near Calgary, Kananaskis country is beautiful, but you may not have enough time for that. Better to do less and enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom