What's new

Big Bend and Texas - what shouldn't I miss

Local weather makes me wanna just hop on the bike and go. Which is what I'm gonna do in just a bit.
Will post some pics as they happen in "Ride Reports".
Friday weather.jpg

best to get going and leave sno country

have fun, be safe, and good luck

looking forward to the RR

best to get going and leave sno country

have fun, be safe, and good luck

looking forward to the RR
I'm just sitting here waiting on the temps to rise a bit. Currently 17F - should be about 30F if I wait until noon to leave. Can't wait much past noon or else I'll be stuck in snow.

Coming late to this thread but can definitely identify with the OP. Colorado weather is difficult to figure out/plan for. I've attended April rallies in Hill Country first by freezing my arse off getting out of CO only to endure heat, rain and humidity there. Nineteen years ago this weekend I left Monument, CO (where I lived at the time), headed to visit relatives in LA and MS. I left my home as a fast-approaching blizzard hit the 'hood, the snowflakes stopped about 60 miles south near Pueblo, CO.

I made it to Ft. Worth where I stayed overnight with a friend and left the next day in misty & cool weather. That was the beginning of a wet & windy ride that had me arriving in Breaux Bridge, LA, 9 hours later to spend a few days with a cousin. There's a lot more to this trip than I'm letting on here but some of my adventure included getting lost in bayou country on a very muddy road, no cell phone signal, and alligators and later almost losing the RT's windshield on I10 at 80MPH.

Despite the weather challenges, all these trips made for some wonderful and memorable adventures. I'm envious, Earache and wish you safe travels.

Last edited:
Earache -- SIT REP on Day 01?

Top Bottom Back Refresh