What's new
  • If you don't frequent the chat forum, make sure you read this post regarding land usage. It would be great if we could get everybody to send a comment in before Oct 7th!

Bike of Your Dreams

Chickenstrip

Member Number
Okay, I don't of a thread along these lines here yet, and I don't know if this is the best location for this topic (mods can throw in here), but here goes it!

What bike do you daydream about? What bike do you fantasize about owning/riding when needing some distraction, or trying to get to sleep (fantasy test rides are my form of counting sheep :lol3).

I'll start: The Aprilia Futura is a bike I've long lusted for but never owned. I'm not in a position to own multiple bikes ($$ and space limitations), and at this point my aging body probably couldn't take the sporty riding position for long enough to do real touring with, but I sure love looking at and dreaming about doing the 'perfect ride' (day-long twisties through rolling hills) on this, IMO, classic beauty.

1653748392900.png

SandRdr

Lost
Member Number
The Futura is a beautiful bike. Having owned one for several years, I can assure you it is much more comfortable than you imagine.

My daydream bike is a street legal travel Enduro that weighs under 200lbs with 40hp.

Chickenstrip

Member Number
The Futura is a beautiful bike. Having owned one for several years, I can assure you it is much more comfortable than you imagine.

My daydream bike is a street legal travel Enduro that weighs under 200lbs with 40hp.
I owned a Honda Super Hawk for about 65K miles, and my current bike is a Triumph Sprint RS. It came with an LSL bar adapter and I installed lower pegs - I'm grateful for the mods. Occasionally I'm tempted to retrofit the bike back to its sporty origins, but I do multi-day tours and I find that logging ~300 miles in day, especially back-to-back, is getting to be a challenge. Still, I dream! :lol3

matty

Border raider.
Member Number
Dream bike. Well leaving out the obvious like a brough superior or a Scott flying Squirrel 600.
My realistic hearts desire is rather humble and Probably even attainable by me financially.
From about 18 i always wanted a ducati 900SS.

1653767073811.png

Chickenstrip

Member Number
I would like one of these for a bit. It's not really a dream bike, but it's nearly unobtainium, so in a way ...

1657040862122.png

Top Bottom