What's new

Bike of Your Dreams

Honda has long been known for high-revving engines since their GP racing days in the '60s when their 5 cylinder 125 turned 22,000 and the 297cc inline 6 made 55 hp at 17,500. When Soichiro went into racing and attended their first IOM, he realized that they could not compete by doing what most of the others were doing - long stroke engines with a wide powerband, so they set out to design piston rings that would withstand ridiculous rpm ranges and went gear driven DOHC, multi-valve, big bore, short stroke to move as much into and out of the engine as possible using BMEP calculations
I loved one video I saw about that 6 cylinder and the tach started at like 13,000 😂😂

My Dream bike back in the day. 1983 Bimota SB4

1670199370282.png

BVC yz250 BW....the SunF tires are the biggest cheat in soft terrain.

BVC yz250 BW....the SunF tires are the biggest cheat in soft terrain.

Can't say I'm interested in owning a big tire bike, but I'd like to ride one to see how they feel. Not much sand around me and I've got places where those tires are wider than my trails.

It's a crazy look, though. Always takes a minute to adjust your eyes and realize you not looking at a pocket bike.

Can't say I'm interested in owning a big tire bike, but I'd like to ride one to see how they feel. Not much sand around me and I've got places where those tires are wider than my trails.

It's a crazy look, though. Always takes a minute to adjust your eyes and realize you not looking at a pocket bike.
The atv tires work well in some situations. I live in a swampy area. The wide footprint actually treads pretty light. Also I run very low tire pressure. And there is no need for trails. Much like a tw.. trail breaking is what atv tires do best.

I'm working on getting a new to me R100 RS, here's hoping my financing works out. I'm hoping to find a ride my missus is comfortable on.

180334-12155-pristine-XL.jpg
I have the take off fairing and seat in silver color. The parts were taken of by previous owner.

Ya kinda a shame that I have an rs that isnt. The parts are big and heavy compared to the replacement parts. I have a pic up in the hack thread. The previous owner said the hack kinda ruined the bike. It is quick detatch but I have never detached the hack. Might be my favorite bike. Has great clutch and front brake feel!

Not sure what bike I'd want as the host for a hack. A friend has one that I want.
i-JftRNsv-XL.jpg
A bike with a stout frame and a short 1st gear is a start. The airhead I would turn right to get moving. This took some stress off the clutch. Sometimes at a stop I would angle some to the left so I would take off straight. It is kinda fun to go through s curves by using the throttle. Road crown and undulating roads can move the rig around some. Chain drive might be a better option to tailor the gearing.... there has been talk of an r65 final drive in the r100 to fix the tall 1st gear.

Back
Top Bottom