What's new

Bikes taking a nap.

This happened to me last week in the Idaho Panhandle. Two logs across the trail very close together, tripped me up and shot me off the trail and over an embankment. Bike stopped about 15 feet below the road. Bike was fine, and just bruises and pulled muscles on me. Happened about 30 miles from civilization, no cell service. My wife and I got the bike upright and pointed towards the road, but couldn't get it up the hill.

So I left her with it and went for help on her bike (she is navigationally challenged). Came back with my son and we used ratchet straps to get it back to the trail. Rode it back to camp. Took over 5 hours to recover it, including going for help.

In the second pic, you can see that my wife dropped her bike in her panic to go see if I was okay. Neither of us noticed for a while... so both bikes actually took a nap.

20220824_125113.jpg
20220824_132124.jpg
20220824_172419.jpg

This happened to me last week in the Idaho Panhandle. Two logs across the trail very close together, tripped me up and shot me off the trail and over an embankment. Bike stopped about 15 feet below the road. Bike was fine, and just bruises and pulled muscles on me. Happened about 30 miles from civilization, no cell service. My wife and I got the bike upright and pointed towards the road, but couldn't get it up the hill.

So I left her with it and went for help on her bike (she is navigationally challenged). Came back with my son and we used ratchet straps to get it back to the trail. Rode it back to camp. Took over 5 hours to recover it, including going for help.

In the second pic, you can see that my wife dropped her bike in her panic to go see if I was okay. Neither of us noticed for a while... so both bikes actually took a nap.

20220824_125113.jpg
20220824_132124.jpg
20220824_172419.jpg
That’s quite the adventure. Glad you’re okay!

Back
Top Bottom