What's new

BMW R18 Section

1660949085836.png

Here you go Jim.😁

After reading through the posts it appears everyone has an opinion about the r18's weight and power yet no one has actually ridden one. I've purchased two bikes in the past eight months so how about one of youse guys taking a bullet for the forum - buy the r18 and post your real life impressions here!! :thumb
Adam Chandler from ADVrider site has one but I haven't seen him on this or that site in a while

A well known YouTuber was given one to use, free, by BMW and it sat barley ridden with very little content created for a year. BMW gave a new version and the new one sits mostly with very little content being created on it.

Telling IMO about what this motorcycle is like to live with.

Good portion of "The Hungry and the Hairy" on Netflix is two local guys touring South Korea on two different iterations of the R1800's hunting out local food delicacies.. Well worth a watch.

I purchased a new 2022 Classic this past August. Im very pleased with it, and could have purchased two for the price of a new Road King. People who complain about the horse power need to realize that at 2000 rpm it’s already making 100ft lbs of torque and peaks at 116 ft lbs at 3000rpm. It’s not sport bike fast, but it’s ridiculous to claim it’s under powered. Let’s say that it pulls with authority.

definately need to ride them ..the tourqe handles the bike just fine..not under powered at all
i fell in love with them promoting them for the last 2 yrs for the dealership..the big cruisers aren't a thing for me but the quailty build and performance of the r18 would not be overlooked ..i would probably own one as a 3rd bike but can ride one anytime at the shop so for me rite now is not needed
but the current and recent incentives make you think about it
1707574409925.png

Last edited:
I understand Bren tuning the bike will give it a tad more torque and power and better dyno curves. Unfortunately, the lack of aftermarket performance cams/parts and BMW shop manual makes it nearly impossible to really tap the engine's potential in the way that HD owners have been able to do. What's the German translation for Screamin' Eagle...Schreiender Adler?

I purchased a new 2022 Classic this past August. Im very pleased with it, and could have purchased two for the price of a new Road King. People who complain about the horse power need to realize that at 2000 rpm it’s already making 100ft lbs of torque and peaks at 116 ft lbs at 3000rpm. It’s not sport bike fast, but it’s ridiculous to claim it’s under powered. Let’s say that it pulls with authority.
Really? Less than $10,000?

I am a long term BMW guy and current Road King owner. I don’t hate the R18 I just think it’s too big. If it was the same style but a little smaller kinda like a big R60 I’d be all over it. The heads are just comically large.

definately need to ride them ..the tourqe handles the bike just fine..not under powered at all
i fell in love with them promoting them for the last 2 yrs for the dealership..the big cruisers aren't a thing for me but the quailty build and performance of the r18 would not be overlooked ..i would probably own one as a 3rd bike but can ride one anytime at the shop so for me rite now is not needed
but the current and recent incentives make you think about it
1707574409925.png
Did you test the 32 degree lean angle?🙂

Really? Less than $10,000?

I am a long term BMW guy and current Road King owner. I don’t hate the R18 I just think it’s too big. If it was the same style but a little smaller kinda like a big R60 I’d be all over it. The heads are just comically large.
I was otd for under 13,000, new Road King starts at 24,999.
IMG_4465.jpeg

I was otd for under 13,000, new Road King starts at 24,999.
IMG_4465.jpeg
Ya got me. They discontinued the RK Standard. So the only one ya can get is the 114 M8 Special. Ya can get a better deal on a Heritage.

That's a lot of torque, plus they still make about 100hp anyway. Seems silly that anyone would call that underpowered.

I wonder if they're just too smooth and people expecting the "roar" of a typical cruiser engine perceive it as weak on accident. My current bike is sewing machine smooth and it's deceptively fast when you're carrying the front tire at 80mph but you don't hear or feel the engine under you.

Top Bottom Back Refresh