What's new

Boots/Riding Shoes

I like my Gasolina Shortcut's. I had them perforated and find them comfortable for the 110+ temps we have here in the summer.

IMG_3218.jpeg

I'm at the denial stage where cheap boots for my limited riding seem cost effective.

Forma boots look great and I'd never regret ponying up for a pair but the cheap bastard in me seems to be winning out on this one. I'm planning to ride more street and dirt roads this year and I'm thinking a cheap sub $129 pair of tall atv, mx or adv type boots that might lend themselves to street riding would do the trick, not sure I care about them actually being waterproof.

I should go try on some Forma boots and think about them only, right?

V
Gaerne G-Dakar looks like it'll fit my low price tendency, any info on those?
I'll have to look for a review.

Thanks for the link & info.

Last edited:
I've been wearing Timberlands for years, same boots I wear around the farm. I don't ride a dirt bike, just ride dirt roads and pavement. If I rode a dirt bike I would wear a boot with more protection.

The Gaerne Fastback is worth a look. It's not as stout or heavy as the tank-like SG-12, but it's more comfortable for walking off the bike.

+1 for the Gaerne Fastback.

I had a bike fall out of the sky land on my foot

The Fastbacks protected the ankle, and all I broke were both bones in my lower leg.

One of the things I've found over the years is I've bought less expensive gear thinking it would work but it doesn't. It doesn't fit correctly, isn't comfortable or doesn't hold up. Being sasquatch tall with big feet limits the options somewhat but I've still managed to buy some crappy stuff.
I've spent far more on gear that didn't really work right than I ended up spending on the correct stuff in the end.
Earlier someone mentioned a narrow toe box not working for them. I have the same problem but Brian @Atomic got me in a pair of Sidi boots the have a shitton of protection and fit like a glove.
Hospital visits are expensive and time consuming.

Ha-Ha I just busted a scammer on Mercari. I spotted this ad and followed it to the Mercari website, looked at the ad and noticed no picture of the size tag. Ad says the boots are size 13.5
Forma website shows no half sizes.
I downloaded the Mercari app and made an account....so I could message the seller. He replied in 3 minutes telling me the boots are sold. An hour later I run the search again including sold items... And it's not listed as sold or for sale again either, busted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-31-21-51-23.png
    Screenshot_2023-01-31-21-51-23.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2023-01-31-21-51-46.png
    Screenshot_2023-01-31-21-51-46.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 3
At the Daytona Bikeweek in October last year, I got these at the BMW dealer. I have wide feet and after some break-in they are comfy enough to wear all day at the office.

Back
Top Bottom