What's new

Bourbon & Whiskey

This thread reminded me that I hadn't had a dram of my favourite Islay,Bowmore,in a long time,sadly a rummage in my drink cupboard confirmed that I had finished it.
I did however find a bottle of Smokehead I had forgotten about
717D548E-D8C8-4DD8-8843-6D4C06D1FC4D.jpg

Reactions: MVI
Not surprisingly we do not get a great variety of Bourbon on the shelves in Scotland.
I like a wide variety of spirits and enjoy Bourbon and Irish Whiskey as much as our own Single Malts (Japanese malts are also very good but expensive).
Sometimes Woodford is available in the supermarket and that is probably my favourite but I have really only tried a few well known brands.

Trying these. Cheap as chips. Not bad…
6D0A29AD-9245-4DC7-B1FB-C35A6ABFBDCD.jpeg

This is turning out to be pretty good. Less than $20…. and Tom cat approved!!
3E9DA4B9-8326-4A51-BFB2-3DD1AC63261E.jpeg

Reactions: MVI
1684673450111.png

May 21 Is International Tennessee Whiskey Day​

Bourbon, whiskey, and scotch! I'm a beer-o-phile so the fine distinctions in wine and spirits elude me. As far as I know, there's no $300 bottle of beer!

My son's stash in his London flat. He's a big fan of Scottish scotch. It's ridiculous what some of these bottles cost.
IMG_8684.jpeg

Bourbon, whiskey, and scotch! I'm a beer-o-phile so the fine distinctions in wine and spirits elude me. As far as I know, there's no $300 bottle of beer!

My son's stash in his London flat. He's a big fan of Scottish scotch. It's ridiculous what some of these bottles cost.
IMG_8684.jpeg
Your son has excellent taste in Scotch!

This was a favorite this fall that a friend shared during his annual Bourbon and Wing Off

C63BCAD9-6110-48FE-905E-BC4D2669F805.jpeg

E6826120-5AC2-4981-ABB9-9121AEF07C16.jpeg
Yikes! High roller! I've got a bottle of it too, but I rarely dip into it. I like WhistlePig 10-year...their original...a lot and also the 12 year "Old World". WhistlePig is getting stupid expensive these days. I've moved on to affordable good ones. There are some.

Been awhile since I went down that rabbit hole but they are not all the little "craft" distilleries you think they are. It's just marketing to get you to spend more $$ on run of the mill crap.
Speaking of Rabbit Hole, I just had a wee dram of Rabbit Hole Rye last week at a musical incident. Good stuff.

I was mostly a scotch drinker, but a close friend asked if I liked Bourbon. Yeah I've had Jack Daniels and Coke, but did not know the complexity of "good" Bourbon. All the different flavor profiles.

He has several different brands, but said I might like Woodford. Simple mix: Bourbon, big ice cube and a splash of Fuji water....

Very nice ! Full bodied, slight woody-ness some warmth in the finish. Next he poured Buffalo Trace.... Holy @#%p !!
Same mix, big cube splash of Fuji water, the aroma and silky feel on the back of the throat. So smooth!

Went out on his pool deck and had a fine cigar to enjoy the evening.

So now I'm looking for Buffalo Trace at my liquor store, they don't have any, its $70 A bottle when they have it....
"Might" get some next month....

The guy recommended Knob Creek 9year 100proof. Very nice!
And half the price. Half way thru this bottle and I am pleased.

😎

Buffalo trace is very good but the controlled release cause prices higher than they should be. I recommend Woodford, Jefferson & Makers Mark. Bulleit is good too.

Top Bottom Back Refresh