What's new

CFMOTO 800 MT Adventure Bike . Ibex 800 for USA

I rolled the bars back to a more comfortable position, backed the preload on the shock off to get some static sag and that's all, I can flat foot one foot so that's ok for me. No it has a pressure sensor which gives the pressure on the screen

Reactions: cal
And your inseam is, please?

Regarding TPMS, here's a screenshot from the CFMOTO website (note the text in the pop-window seeming to offer TPMS rider adjustment from the TFT):

Screenshot from 2022-02-24 14.02.58@2x.png

think it must have lost something in the translation, I'm really short 5'5 28" inseam

CFMOTO is here at Europe well known for its ATVs and afak they are quality built, much much better than generic chinese ones.
The bike seems well built too and offcourse has much KTM tech in it. The 650MT is listed on some dealers (even at my home town)
but the 800 haven`t yet shown up.

Does the forks and shock look like WP without stickers?

CFMOTO is here at Europe well known for its ATVs and afak they are quality built, much much better than generic chinese ones.
The bike seems well built too and offcourse has much KTM tech in it. The 650MT is listed on some dealers (even at my home town)
but the 800 haven`t yet shown up.

Does the forks and shock look like WP without stickers?
KYB or Kayaba, actually very good ,I don't see any reason to change them, just made a few adjustments

It looks like a nice bike but I don't think it is available here in the USA.

Available in Europe and soon in the UK, unless politics prevent it I'm sure it will soon be available in the US
We have other CFMoto bikes here. As long as they are willing to go through EPA certification and ship it over I expect we'll see it here. Many of the big four Japanese dealers are having a real problem with supply issues from the Japanese manufacturers and are turning to other sources so they can have something in the showroom.

We have other CFMoto bikes here. As long as they are willing to go through EPA certification and ship it over I expect we'll see it here. Many of the big four Japanese dealers are having a real problem with supply issues from the Japanese manufacturers and are turning to other sources so they can have something in the showroom.
Think everyone is having supply issues, many can't source chips and China is the biggest manufacturer. Presently the Shanghai region is in lock down because of Covid, affecting 25 million people, thats got to impact supply worldwide

For those that asked for my unbiased opinions. Firstly I don't have any affiliation with the importer or dealers, I'm just a punter that bought my bike with my money so I don't have to gloss over any faults. I ordered the bike pre release and paid a fully refundable deposit if I changed my mind, by doing this I got the sweetener of lower crash bars, radiator guard and headlight guard. So I've now got 11000kms on it and here's what I think Quality and finish is very good, lots of Aluminium and stainless steel, I've ridden in lots of rain and the bike has been parked outside in the weather close to the ocean, nothing has corroded or rusted. A quick wash and some wax and looks good, there is some scuffing of the plastic from my knees. Suspension is excellent and comes set up pretty close to perfect. The handling is very neutral and it feels well balanced. My first impression was this is a big heavy bike but in reality when riding it feels light ,nimble and very manoeuvrable. The ergonomics and comfort is spot on for someone my size, the seat is excellent, I've ridden 350km non stop and had no stiffness or sore points. One nice detail is the adjustable bar risersI that can be moved to accommodate different size riders. Tyres are Maxis and are okay in the dry but feel a bit sketchy in the wet, they are a pretty hard compound and will get good mileage, the rear probably has another 1000 left but I'll be changing them soon. It's a lot of fun in the twisties feeling very stable and precise however I've grounded the centre stand a few times but that was pushing it. The power is for me just right for this style of bike, I've had 69hp V Stroms and I've got a 150hp sports bike and the power of this is surprising, it punches out of corners, it has enough for overtaking quickly however the throttle control from the electronic throttle is very off and on, it is very light and requires a bit of thought to learn to ride around it. It's a problem riding slowly in traffic and I found I use the clutch to stop the jerkiness, otherwise it's not a problem. I've been informed that they are working on fixing it. The TFT screen is good has lots of information which is debatable if you need it but it's there. The screen is hard to see when the sun is shining directly on it and you need to shade it with your hand to be able to see it, but other than that its well lit and easy to read and see. Its connected to your phone with Bluetooth, the navigation function doesn't work and the time resets to a default, some of the spelling is wrong, they have a software update available but because of the covid lock down in China we're not able to update it at the moment. The brakes are really good, I've braked really hard many times and never felt the ABS activate, I have locked the back up on a loose gravel road, so does it work? I don't know but I presume it does, same for the cornering ABS. The steering damper is the same, I've never had a head shake so I presume it works. Cruise control is good, Lighting is good, friends have said that when following me, when I'm braking the brake light flashes and under really hard braking the hazard lights flash and when cornering hard the indicator flashes, don't know if the front lights flash. Apparently it's a Euro 5 requirement. With the lights on the spot light comes on with the indicator to give you more light in the corner. The lights aren't hard wired so they need to be turned on whenever you start the bike, I know in some Asian countries it is illegal to have lights on during the day. Fuel economy is good averaging around 23km/litre, so 350km range is available. Service intervals are 15000ks but I'll change the oil and filter every 10000, recommended oil is $145 for 4 litres (ouch) So to sum up I'm really happy with the bike, the biggest complaint I have is the hair trigger throttle and fueling at low speeds. The other one is the TFT dash but that will be fixed soon.

There is a device out there called a throttle tamer (I think) that can help with a jerky throttle. I have a friend who installed it on his V-strom 1000. He said it really helped. It might be worth looking into.

Top Bottom Back Refresh