CFMOTO 800 MT Adventure Bike . Ibex 800 for USA

RowBust

Member Number
Got mine, unable to ride for another 2 weeks when I get this cast off my arm

Attachments

• 20220205_093756.jpg
    20220205_093756.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 755
CFMoto do have a deal with KTM, yes. They use ktm motors in their bikes. Italian design, Chinese built

The only place I've seen CCMoto bikes is in moto forums like this one. I don't know of any shops in my area that sell them, and I don't recall them being a the bike show (now a long time ago due to COVID). Owners seem to be satisfied from what I've seen.

The only place I've seen CCMoto bikes is in moto forums like this one. I don't know of any shops in my area that sell them, and I don't recall them being a the bike show (now a long time ago due to COVID). Owners seem to be satisfied from what I've seen.
It's CFMOTO. The new 800MT are starting to appear in Europe and here in Australia. Won't be long before they appear in the US , unless the US have some sort of trade embargo on China

It's CFMOTO. The new 800MT are starting to appear in Europe and here in Australia. Won't be long before they appear in the US , unless the US have some sort of trade embargo on China
Ooops! My Bad - that's how unfamiliar I am with the brand.

Not to be confused with CCM and CSC, BTW.:thumbup

Cast off yesterday, already done over 400km, I'll do a full review when I get some more ks up, but have to say this bike is outstanding in looks, quality, detail, performance and exceptional value

Hey Rowbust. How much does it weigh? (wet) Nifty looking machine for the money.
Think it's around 220kg with all the extras on it, it does feel heavy to push, I'm old small and not real strong though. Feels light where riding it

My new CF MOTO 800 MT A few thoughts and observations OK got a 1000ks up now ,starting to loosen up and getting better with every ride, at first the fly by wire didn't feel too good, being electronic it is either off or on, off giving too much engine braking making it very jerky at slow speeds, but now the engine's freeing up it spins more so you don't feel the engine braking as much. The other thing is the QS, theoretically you should be able to do clutch less shifts without rolling the throttle off, upshifts I won't do any more it's that bad, I can do clutch less shifts like I've always done by rolling off the throttle without any problems. Down shifts are great just bang it down without the clutch and rolling the throttle off. Everything else is superb, the quality and attention to detail, accessibility, power and torque and gearing is spot on for touring and carving up the twisties. Brakes are really good and getting better. Wind screen is adjustable and strong and gives good wind protection without buffeting. Lights are very good with the spotlight coming on with the indicator to give you more light in the direction you are going. Indicators are self cancelling. It's been too hot to try the heated grips and seat, each has 3 settings. There are 2 riding modes, sport and rain, I haven't tried the rain yet nor have I tried the cruise control. The steering damper may work OK because I haven't had any head shakes, but that could be down to good design. The suspension is good but I think it can get better with a few more adjustments. Handling is superb, cornering is effortless with it holding the chosen line without having to make corrections. Small details but important are the heavy gauge spokes, the right angle valves with pressure sensors. The stop light that flashes under heavy braking. It has the TFT dash with navigation and phone via Bluetooth to your phone. Lots of other data available if you need it. Mine came with the crash bars and pannier racks, radiator guard, bash plate, removable rubber inserts in the wide pegs, headlight guard, centre stand, which incidentally along with the side stand have very strong springs so when they are up they don't bounce around. The seat and the ergonomics are good and should be good for long days in the saddle. All in all a very impressive package with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty extended to 3 years if serviced by their dealers.

Think it's around 220kg with all the extras on it, it does feel heavy to push, I'm old small and not real strong though. Feels light where riding it

Thanks very useful info. That is compared to a claimed wet weight of the KTM 890 of around 210kgs. Not a lot of difference if you take of the crash bars. Maybe some fuel capacity difference too...

Last edited:
I think it looks good! Did you make any adjustments to seat height/ride height to compensate for stature?

Am I reading the brochure correctly, one can adjust the tire pressure from the seat?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom