What's new

Cheap Bastids (or the Moto Guzzi Thread)

I was on the A1 heading south to Lincoln to see a 29k mile Griso at 5AM yesterday morning, Found it through a dealer mate of mine In yorkshire who mainly deals trials bikes. He had a home dealer friend who has it for sale.
I was there Just before 9AM and the guy had it full of fuel informed me it was Insured through his dealer insurance, and a quick cup of tea, a brief chat, and as long as i "Bring it back full of fuel take all day if you want as Chris knows you so well" .
By 945AM i was heading south out of Lincoln heading for the A17 , my trip would have me head east over to the fens around the wash and up the east coast to Grimsby on to the M180 west and then west to the A15 abd back down to Lincoln, i would call that more than a fair test run.:photog
The bike, a 2010 8v in red, in nice condition a few chips and scuffs front forks etc, but overall not mint but good used condition a kin with its millage.
Ran well, and although you could feel the heft at slower speeds , at no point did i feel it was ponderous in any way.
It actually felt strongly built verging on quality feel to it.
It went through the turns well for a big lump (No idea of the weight incidentally) it felt heavier than my old trident T150 and even My 1996 sprint 900 felt a little lighter.
It seemed quite long, i remember the video i posted mentioned this and i know where he was coming from. No detriment to the bike , and its a 1200 more or less so totaly expected.
The box was good and the torque was good and it was always there over much of the rev range it made covering ground quite effortless, and the bikes good solid stability even on the bumpy fenland roads was briliant.
Overall i liked the bike, and more i rode it the more i liked it, and was at one point thinking of going for it. But i stopped mear Gedney drove end on the wash parked it up looked at it and had time to contemplate the purchase, and as right as the moto guzi was, and i will admit it is an awesome bike, its just too much bike, not so much the power and like i said once on the go it gets to feel agile enough. It was just not right for me.
I felt a tad guilty not going for it, and the rest of the run was less of a learning curve and more a get this job done lets have this back to the guys house and back on the road north and home.
The chap was understanding enough and i agreed to come down and collect next month a 1973 montesa 350 he had there he has not acctualy purchased yet.
Sorry folks, I like the griso i really do but i always thought it was a bit big for my needs, and i thought in use i might just acept it, and i almost did, but it was not right for me and thats that.

2024 and need to wash the bike again!
On a plus note I found the easiest eay to add 4 way flashers / hazard flashers to the Centenario. Only a momentary switch required.
cuo5csK.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh