What's new

Cheap bikes you have had?

I had 1100 GS back in the years.. not any bike before or since have needed so much work and efort just to keep it running. I did regret that i sold my Africa Twin almost every single day i had it. Well, it had some km’s on the clock but not that much.. maybe around 100tkms. Once it almost burned to the no mans land between Finland and Russia. That would have been a nice end to its miserable life. But no.. i even had to struggle to get it sold.

20140611_152027_Original.jpeg

I had 1100 GS back in the years.. not any bike before or since have needed so much work and efort just to keep it running. I did regret that i sold my Africa Twin almost every single day i had it. Well, it had some km’s on the clock but not that much.. maybe around 100tkms. Once it almost burned to the no mans land between Finland and Russia. That would have been a nice end to its miserable life. But no.. i even had to struggle to get it sold.

20140611_152027_Original.jpeg
And I had a 2000 BMW R1100R bought new and a 2001 R1150GS bought used in 2011.

Both kept over 6 years and rode an average of 6,000 miles a year. Just routine maintenance and tires. No issues what so ever.

If they kept making the R1100/1150 I woulda kept buying them.

Saw this in the weeds today, stopped to look at it. Guy came out of the house said, I'll take $200 for it, it ran when I parked it ( they All say that) :imaposer I offered him $100 and he took it ,should've offered $50.
Its just a few parts, I have no plans of ever getting it running. I have 2 1100gs that I ride and plan on keeping. I'll cannibalize it.
junk.jpg

Saw this in the weeds today, stopped to look at it. Guy came out of the house said, I'll take $200 for it, it ran when I parked it ( they All say that) :imaposer I offered him $100 and he took it ,should've offered $50.
Its just a few parts, I have no plans of ever getting it running. I have 2 1100gs that I ride and plan on keeping. I'll cannibalize it.
junk.jpg
Those wheels alone are worth $3-400. That old plastic tank is gold. Lots of great parts on it.

junk.jpg
Looks like a good start for my ideal gs. Add seat and enduro head light

Top Bottom Back Refresh