What's new

Chinese made bikes

Just sayin you can find issues everywhere.....I do not like a lot of what I see going on in China but I see a lot of China bashing from people who often have not been there or if they have, it was only for a few weeks. I do not know your situation but I lived there for 14 years. Came back to USA so my daughter could attend school without indoctrination. What a clusterfuck experiment in hypocrisy that has proven to be. I can easily find lots issues here as well as there. We should look in the mirror and clean our own house and then work to clean up others houses. The clown show we have in Washington DC is in a race with the clown show in Beijing to prove who is the biggest idiot.
The things in the USA pale in comparison to communist China. They are planning to invade another country to enslave them in communism, but their time is coming, just look at the events in Iran. As usual most people aren't the problem, it's the ruling elite that thirst for power

Is that the same Lifan engine that's in the Janus 250? That engine has a good reputation. It's the same engine Cleveland Cycle Works put in their Heist and Misfit, several years ago. The engine was good, but it was the rest of the bike that let those bikes down, combined with CCW's dodgy business practises, supposedly. That's what I read, I didn't buy a bike from them. The bikes have changed, and maybe the company has, also. Looking at the site, they're still using that little mill in their bikes.

The brozz gets the balanced motor with the lump at the bottom. The bike gets good reviews. I think its peace motor sports deal for the brozz. A little more money than other options. Janus probably uses one of the better cg engine versions.

I like the standard fork versions. The lifan expect, raven or tbr7 has been on and off my radar.

There are some new models out. The chassis are enduro style and ohc engines. Lifan has the kpx250 6 speed also.

The things in the USA pale in comparison to communist China. They are planning to invade another country to enslave them in communism, but their time is coming, just look at the events in Iran. As usual most people aren't the problem, it's the ruling elite that thirst for power

Mumphy
I can build ya a 100% USA built bike. I checked parts a few months back. Only classic minibikes I can order everything down to tires, cables and bearings made in USA. It will require an older briggs/tec engine or a new custom billet block. Figure at least $1000 for parts. Add billet engine at least $3500. Or rob a flatty off a tiller .

Harley builds can almost be 100% if the right year parts are used.

Dualsports/adv bikes are almost impossible to piece together from 100% USA parts. Easier to go electric because of powertrain components. Then chassis components are hard to source also.

That is the dilemma...the parts dont exist. Even if I had the mega capitol to invest. I've tried to stir something up for decades. Just closed doors..

Mumphy
I can build ya a 100% USA built bike. I checked parts a few months back. Only classic minibikes I can order everything down to tires, cables and bearings made in USA. It will require an older briggs/tec engine or a new custom billet block. Figure at least $1000 for parts. Add billet engine at least $3500. Or rob a flatty off a tiller .

Dualsports/adv bikes are almost impossible to piece together from 100% USA parts. Easier to go electric because of powertrain components. Then chassis components are hard to source also.

That is the dilemma...the parts dont exist. Even if I had the mega capitol to invest. I've tried to stir something up for decades. Just closed doors..

Just sayin you can find issues everywhere.....I do not like a lot of what I see going on in China but I see a lot of China bashing from people who often have not been there or if they have, it was only for a few weeks. I do not know your situation but I lived there for 14 years. Came back to USA so my daughter could attend school without indoctrination. What a clusterfuck experiment in hypocrisy that has proven to be. I can easily find lots issues here as well as there. We should look in the mirror and clean our own house and then work to clean up others houses. The clown show we have in Washington DC is in a race with the clown show in Beijing to prove who is the biggest idiot.
To call him a clown is an insult to all clowns

Mumphy

I'll just keep the road king. Not looking to stir things up, I just can't buy a communist bike on purpose. My dream is to just see a T7 in a showroom

I'll just keep the road king. Not looking to stir things up, I just can't buy a communist bike on purpose. My dream is to just see a T7 in a showroom
I have seen one t7 in person. A klr is a little easier to find. And has good value vs otd price.

The guy in Beijing isn't an idiot, he's a killer in line with Stalin and Mao

I have a Lifan king 125 cruiser from 2015, i was given it and it had been sat outside two years, and that bikes electrics
The 125 Lifan kings rear shockers for example are a joke, weaker than weak and the front suspension is no better but at least strong enough for task in spring rate, but the damping is woefully inadequate. My point here is that Who expected this to pass muster? It must be a nightmare for the chinese bike dealers to live with day in day out.
An update on the Lifan King. Its Being used by my 19 year old youngest lad as university transport.
I stripped it to the bare basics and rewired the ignition and starter switches as the stock tacky wiring and joke switch gear had desolved in the time in the english weather, i sealed the generator wiring and cdi units et as best i could and we built it as a kind of miniture stripped down bobber thing(what else could we do with a cruiser). Its the lifan water cooled single and runs well and has proved reliable in the past few months on the runs up and down to Lincoln From here in the borders and his daily running around from his hose down there to university.
The front forks are woefully spongy and it dives quite unervingly at heavy braking but its getably used to able and it is what it is . it ate a chain and sprockets which were the originals but i just replaced it with industrial rear sprocket and chain and a cheapo front sprocket off ebay, its wearing ok and to be fair he is trying to clean and lube it properly and he is storing it in a garden shed at the shared house.
Not sure about some of the more prestigeous chines brands but the lifan king 125 has super cheap switchgear and i must say i have never seen such tacky stuff on hondas yamahas etc, if running one of these things in stock form dont get it wet or leave it out overnight it will be an issue in due course believe me.

My CFMOTO 800MT is a brilliant bike,
IMG_20221107_163909351.jpg

My new Chinese Dong Fang DR250RTG. I owned one several years ago and had to have another one. She will be in the mountains of Western North Carolina in June where the riding is great.

Crate.jpg

Put her together

puthertogether.jpg

Got her tagged and on the road. Here pulling a trailer.
IMG_2023-03-15-18-36-44-614.jpg

Fun little ride.

Put a seat without the hump for more room and some crash bars in case I have to lay er down. LOL

seat.jpg

Venom motorsports? This is about as close as it gets in the US for the honda I want... a TMX150

Venom motorsports? This is about as close as it gets in the US for the honda I want... a TMX150
That is where I bought my DF250RTG

How long before Chinese made bikes become best selling bikes in the world?
How long did it take for jap quality to be regarded as the defacto standard?

How long until motorcycles are regarded as disposable?

Wait that long before asking.

JFC with this Chinese bikes thing everywhere.
No, 3 bikes finishing a race is not impressive.
No, less than a few thousand bikes documented in the wild not having major meltdowns isn't a phucking thing. At all.

Get back to me when the lady across the street in the US knows the name of a Chinese motorcycle oem...

The Chinese have big shoes to fill. I'm not paying to train them. Good luck to those who do. May your experience be positive.

How long did it take for jap quality to be regarded as the defacto standard?

How long until motorcycles are regarded as disposable?

Wait that long before asking.

JFC with this Chinese bikes thing everywhere.
No, 3 bikes finishing a race is not impressive.
No, less than a few thousand bikes documented in the wild not having major meltdowns isn't a phucking thing. At all.

Get back to me when the lady across the street in the US knows the name of a Chinese motorcycle oem...

The Chinese have big shoes to fill. I'm not paying to train them. Good luck to those who do. May your experience be positive.
My CFMOTO 800 now has 68000km on it , no major melt down.

My CFMOTO 800 now has 68000km on it , no major melt down.

Cool,
One bike isn't a thing.

Glad your experience is positive. Only about a million to go to deserve any respect.

When I go by the local BMW motorcycle dealer I see new looking BMW motos torn apart in the repair shop. See the photos of thousands of Chinese bikes being ridden in China for transportation.
traffic.jpg

Top Bottom Back Refresh