What's new

Coleman 196cc Extreme

Actually considered a spool of spectra on the jackshaft as a remote location wakeboard/wakeskate winch. Same with a scooter but a wheel swap full of tow line. The scooter setup Ive seen towing up hang gliders.

200cc swamp bikes. The coleman has the advantage riding the crown between 2 atv ruts. The tw has the advantage riding in the rut. The ruts are usually deep and water filled.
20210929_134645.jpg

We went to film the homebuilt trike in the mudhole and make up for lost footage. Never got past the practice runs because the governed throttle got bound up with grit. Makes decent power at wide open.....Every engine swap reminded us maybe to install a kill switch. Ha

Long time so I'll come back..that hill is almost vertical now and there is only 2 bikes I have that I will attempt it on. Dang you coleman. That stupid ct100 with a mod 196cc is insanity. The arm pump matches my old it400. Makes my drzsm seem boring. The bike is nutz. I had ordered a 301cc to mod but it was a no dice order. I got two 212cc hemis to mod or I can go full alky race motor. There is the tilly 236cc and some trick parts also on the list. The money goes kinda fast.

The frame is stock and the tires. The bike really needs a few chassis mods to handle 20 plus hp. But is tempting.. bike weighs under 100lbs and a full built tilly could make 30hp. I figure the 196cc before valve float is a bit over 10hp in current form. Anyways fun and games. And yes it was $400 bucks new and rode fine with a top speed of 40mph before the engine swaps started. Now I have to be in the mood to get beat up or not care to ride it but the adrenaline factor is plain crazy. I'll leave a vid from Black66 with similiar builds. Im riding offroad running 11/76 torque gearing and his channel is on road running much taller speed gearing

Pull start old footage...3hp with gov rigged. Deep muddy water siezed the gov wide open before the mod.

212cc hemi was more of a scare but the 3hp coincidentally ended in the most wrecks and top speed of 43mph gps. The 212 was more like a tractor out of control. New build sooner or later with improvements.

Mike and his brother are working theirs up.

Stock hemi is a beast on the trike. It hardly got off idle much. And is a kickback nightmare if not tdc started. I bought 2 few months back. Next trike will run some different parts and maybe twin hemi engines and dual throttle for the ultimate skid steer style u turns. Funny.. the mod 3hp ran faster top speeds but the hemis have alot of torque.

Good video. Explains many hours of fun I've had. Ive yet to take my real bikes where the colemans have gone.

You are a crazy man. That's awesome
90% bike 10% rider..one day I'll get gopro footage to compare various minibikes vs real bikes on the same trail or off trail. Stock coleman can be a beast sometimes.

Striped lke a rattler I went home for the wife's bike.. whoo...

Attachments

• 20221231_174934.jpg
    20221231_174934.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
Top Bottom Back Refresh