What's new

Coleman 196cc Extreme

My handle is chip master D
20230113_183434.jpg

Romping on my neighbors mud thrower

This 196cc is extreme. I port matched the air box runner and has a cone filter. Oh well ....
20230527_192431.jpg
I would rather ride a kx500 on methanol. But no fear day. Been raining and muddy..let's see what it will do. Eeeee still rainining going to inform the family I am riding the path.
20230527_193110.jpg

The cat asked me if I needed to borrow one of his 900 lives.

Ha this is nuts...I am glad
20230527_195829.jpg
20230527_200336.jpg

20230527_200944.jpg
I at least have a lid.
20230527_201236.jpg

Wow the glossy terrain killed my sight for a line. And air pressure is critical in these bikes. About 20 woo hoos and eee hees... I am back to the house. Freaking nuts! This bike might get the EC carb 263cc short block....30hp and the bike weighs a little over 80lbs. I might hot lap the last build and hang the darn thing on the wall.

Reactions: MVI
I was thinking of buying the new 300 XCW TBI bike, but that Coleman might be the wiser choice.

I was thinking of buying the new 300 XCW TBI bike, but that Coleman might be the wiser choice.
Not wise at all! Minis are an addiction. The big wheel models will do stupid stuff like climb giant sawdust or chip mounds with ease. Or run over trees. The ct100u will out short track any bike I have and scare the crap out of me. Then mods consume time and money. A couple channels focus on this mess.

This is the chip mound that I roosted for days
20221217_162208.jpg

And descents are even more fun
20221217_160737.jpg

Not many machines can play with this mess.

This channel needs a serious warning disclaimer but is the only built small block ct100u romping offroad videos.

I waited a year to get my bike on sale for $450. The engine was swapped about a week later. I have over a year on this build now it is time to go nuts with more power. I originally was going to swap in a 301cc but out of stock delayed that idea. Now a new engine is available the crazy 263cc small block. If built might go to the drag strip to get timed. The right gearing should produce decent times.

Nice. A rider on the other site is rocking this chassis with a built wildcat, vm carb and thumb throttle.

So it seems I'll be getting one of these for my wife. She's not in love with her TTR 125 and doesn't want a four wheeler. Anything to know before I start looking around for one?

I see two different models that seem identical to me other than one has a fake gas tank where you expect a bike tank to be and the other doesn't. I guess that's just for looks, or does it do anything?

I think I already know the answer, but have any improvements been made to justify just grabbing a new one from Tractor Supply, or are we just as well getting a $250 one off marketplace?

So it seems I'll be getting one of these for my wife. She's not in love with her TTR 125 and doesn't want a four wheeler. Anything to know before I start looking around for one?

I see two different models that seem identical to me other than one has a fake gas tank where you expect a bike tank to be and the other doesn't. I guess that's just for looks, or does it do anything?

I think I already know the answer, but have any improvements been made to justify just grabbing a new one from Tractor Supply, or are we just as well getting a $250 one off marketplace?
My wife is terrified of my dual sports. She has only ridden her 883 with a super tall 1st gear. The dual sport 1st gear torque messes with her. I tried and tried to explain click it into 2nd for over a decade. 2 years ago we got the 2020 ct200u ex v tac black for $500 as a joke for her apocalypse bike. I picked up a flashlight, canteen, machete and rope for the build. She hopped on and rode straight into the woods. I still think a bigger rear sprocket would help because of clutch slip. She can now ride trails that I wont take a klr or any adv bike on. All the crazy obstacle pics of me riding are on my wife's stock coleman. 2yrs and 2 riders with zero parts replaced. The colemans have wonky ergos. The rb200 has the pegs closer to a correct position. But I think coleman used feet forward as a safety. I run over small trees and stumps without my toes hanging down to be lopped off. Here is another rider's wife having a blast.

An inexperienced rider giving a mud mower hell...sometimes it is the bike. But dam ct200u with no front suspension and the tires look to be over 5psi...maybe it is the rider.

We have both u and ex models. 110lbs for u and 135lbs for ex. The front suspension adds some weight. Coleman offered a u front suspension upgrade but it is not worth it. ZoomerP video has the BT200 featured. I would recommend the bt or rb. The ex or u is fine also.

I just looked at current prices. The bt200x might be the best deal. The mb200x hurricane is dual suspension for more money. But my favorite on smooth trails is the rb100. The rb100 is around $400 and with 5 mins of linkage work will run over 40mph but lacks torque. My best trail speeds on a dry day were on the stock rb100 and ct100. The ct100 is way to cramped for adults. The rb100 with tires and a jackshaft would do alot. But the 6in wheel models need the kickstand bracket removed for safety. The roots on our trail had 100s of slices from those brackets. And one hard hit smashed a knee cap.

This has got to be the same thing as a Coleman CT200, as far as wheel size and engine, right? It's even got the same CT200UF name.

There's a few clean Coleman's I can pick up secondhand for about $559-600, but the Axis having the sprung seat...I feel like that's worth the extra $200 to just run out to Lowe's and grab one.

Unless there's something else I should be aware of?

Screenshot_20230610-131414.png

I just looked at current prices. The bt200x might be the best deal. The mb200x hurricane is dual suspension for more money. But my favorite on smooth trails is the rb100. The rb100 is around $400 and with 5 mins of linkage work will run over 40mph but lacks torque. My best trail speeds on a dry day were on the stock rb100 and ct100. The ct100 is way to cramped for adults. The rb100 with tires and a jackshaft would do alot. But the 6in wheel models need the kickstand bracket removed for safety. The roots on our trail had 100s of slices from those brackets. And one hard hit smashed a knee cap.
She won't care about going 40mph. She rarely got her TTR 125 out of second gear. She likes just tootling around in the pastures, but 80% of our property is hilly. Torque would be appreciated over speed. Especially when I plop my 220 lbs on it 😁

Back
Top Bottom