What's new

Comments on Revzilla & Olympia Motorsports

TravelinLite

ADV+
Member Number
Purchased a new pair of Olympia Airglide 6 Overpants from Revzilla. Ii was not happy with the build quality of the pants so I tried to contact Revzilla to see what else they might have to offer. After 15 minutes waiting for someone to answer and still being #9 in queue, I hung up the phone and sent them an e-mail. Five days later and still no response.

Then I sent Olympia an e-mail to complain about the cheapened up build quality of their mesh overpants. Five days later, no response. I have been using Olympia's overpants for years and really liked the full length side zippers.

In all I had planned to buy two new helmets, with electronics, and two pairs of mesh overpants. With this level of sevice I have decided to say goodbye forever to both Revzilla and Olympia.

By the way, Revzilla is owned by Comoto Holdings. Comoto’s brands are RevZilla, Cycle Gear, and J&P Cycles.

Last edited:
RevZilla is very hit or miss. They carry some good stuff and lots of other not so good stuff. Pete's Cycle in Severna Park, MD is a pretty good spot for riding gear. I'm not sure about their Baltimore location since I have never been to it.

Olympia is a weird brand. When I get their stuff in my hands I'm either super impressed with the quality and features, or I feel like it's cheap gear designed by someone who's never ridden a bike a single time. Totally a case by case thing.

I've got a kinda expensive rain suit from them and it's amazing.

I've been to the main location of RevZilla a few times. It's a very small store lacking parts and accessories. It's primarily a spot to pick up riding gear. Cycle Gear is opening a spot in King of Prussia within a few weeks. I may pop in there at times to see what they have.

I recently received a waterproof cover for my V-Strom. It was supposedly for my bike. I tried putting it over my bike this morning and the damn thing didn't come close to fitting. It wasn't long enough and it was like a huge guy trying to fit into a medium t-shirt. It's being sent right back for a full refund.

Happy to announce there was a "hit" with another RevZilla purchase! My new Sedici Garda Waterproof Jacket managed to hold up during this morning's rainy ride home. Rained rolled right off. My pants also held up reasonably well.
Rain gear Selfie.jpg

Happy to announce there was a "hit" with another RevZilla purchase! My new Sedici Garda Waterproof Jacket managed to hold up during this morning's rainy ride home. Rained rolled right off. My pants also held up reasonably well.
Rain gear Selfie.jpg
That's a snazzy looking jacket. I need to check those out.

It is plenty warm without unzipping some of the zippers to let the air in! It doesn't come with an inner jacket liner. IMO, it doesn't really need one. :)
I'm kinda tired of jacket liners, so I count that as a plus.

There is now a Cycle Gear in King of Prussia. I no longer feel the need to either drive down to RevZilla in Philly or order online. The CG store is way more stocked than RevZilla Philly. The only thing it's lacking is individual aftermarket and OEM parts for specific makes and models.

Finally received new Sedici Avventura Waterproof Pants via UPS all the way from Las Vegas, NV. Link goes to Cycle Gear. The listed price is the same as RevZilla's. UPS driver screwed up and delivered them to the wrong building within the complex. Luckily the people who live here are a cut above most and will deliver parcels to the proper spots.

Anyway, the pants are thick and super warm without the inner liner! With the liner, my legs started to sweat almost immediately. I wonder how well these pants and its liner will hold up in temperatures below 32ºf. I have a feeling they'll hold up pretty damn well. They're about as thick as my Carhartt arctic bib.

Top Bottom Back Refresh