What's new

COVID Check In

Wife and I both had it a couple months ago, both vaccinated and single round boosters. We are both smokers, she got it worse in the chest than I did, both sick with typical flu symptoms, I had a 102 fever for one day, aspirin kicked that to the curb. We were run down for about a week then fully recovered. I've had influenza much worse, I'm thinking the vaccine helped but WTFK. Hope you feel better Jim and others going through it.

IT IS NOT A VACCINE.
This is just one of the lies and misinformation that has been circulated about these shots. The stats are are starting to be gathered on the "side effects" of these treatments should be enough to scare a sane person out of their skin.

The wife and I have not been infected and we've pretty much shunned masks and guidelines from the git-go. I started taking zinc, quercetin, and vitamin D3 in the winter months. All my kin in the US have had mild cases of it and they've all got ivermectin stockpiled in case it hits hard.

Lovely how people read conspiracy theories. Refuse to listen to scientists and doctors. Prescribe themselves worm pills for horses. A US president suggested you drink bleach to cure yourself. Where do you draw the line between truth and fantasy.

A woman I personally knew died from Covid. None of people I know had more than simple flue symptoms as side effects from the vaccine. I had had vaccine, and booster, when I got Covid. I got really sick.

I am self employed and do residential HVAC. In and out of several random houses daily. No "vaccine", no issues with covid. Never missed a day of work and no customers cared or asked about shots or masks or anything else. Life carried on as usual.

My wife's boss was terrified of Covid and still is. Multiple Tshirts and has stickers all over her car telling people about however many shots she took. Poor thing ended up with Covid and spread it all around the office. Felt no need to stay home while sick, because "vaccinated". She gave it to my wife, who had the sniffles for a couple days but was forced out of the office because of her unvaxxed status. I think my wife may might have given it to me because things tasted funny for a bit ( tea suddenly tasted like I was drinking straight vegetable oil), but I felt fine.

Neighbors son's are about 20 years in to a Marine career. Both are the fittest guys you've ever seen. Mandatory vaccines landed them both in the hospital for a stint. Parents were called in as they felt the youngest wasn't going to make it as his kidneys basically stopped functioning. Both boys recovered, parents came home, both severely ill for several days. I went to visit them ( my best friend of 20+ years) and ended up sick as a dog for two days. First time I've been sick since I was a kid (school gave me a flu shot once that fucked me up when I was about 10- never again). Covid test came back negative. Wife didn't believe it so gave me another which came back positive. Took another for a tie breakers and it also showed negative. So...who knows.

42 years old, smoked from about age 13 to mid 30's. I just don't get sick. Perhaps the answer is to cover the inside of your lungs with a protective layer of tar at a young age 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: OIC
Prescribe themselves worm pills for horses.
Don't spread that hype, bro.

Animals also get shot up with penicillin. We gonna start demonizing penicillin as farm animal medicine now? What about amoxicillin? That's only for fish now. Anybody taking amoxicillin is taking fish pills?

People (emphasis on people) been taking ivermectin for half a century now. Started in Japan in the '70's, approved for human use in the '80's. Not rush through emergency use approval, like actually tests.

Knowledge is out there and all we have to do is read for ourselves. I'm talking about books, not sensationalized headlines.

I had covid in January 2022. Got it from a 2 year old who sneezed on my face. Fever for a couple of days followed by a couple of day of just being tired. Since I was still off work I replaced the brake line on my truck and went to cut a load of firewood the next day. I am convinced I had covid in January 2020 as well. That fever lasted a week and the cough lasted a month. I've had no shots.

Had it in June. Woke up with a headache like i've never had. Low grade fever. Given Paxlovid as I have asthma. Took a day or two for the headache to pass. Congestion started at day 3. Slept a lot. Work was pressing to get back as soon as I tested negative. We're "essential" or something like that. Tested positive the following Friday, still positive. Tested Sunday, negative. Went back to work, required to wear a mask for another week. Pretty wiped out at the end of the day for a couple weeks, but I managed. Not vaxxed, for what it's worth!

Last edited:
I think it's called confirmation bias. Once we choose what to believe, we do all we can to cement that trail of thoughts. Essentially the brain telling itself it made the right decision.
Yeah, no don't about that.

"Choosing what to believe" is a lot different than decades of proven medical history, though. That's the thing about facts. They don't care what you choose to believe, they just ... are facts.

Ivermectin was designed for removing intestinal parasites, originally for horses. Covid is not intestinal parasite. According to the Expat47, who self prescribes that drug to battle Covid, the Covid vaccine is not a vaccine, and people don't even get sick from Covid. I know differently.
Well, I promised myself that I wasn't going to get into a conversation over this but...

VACCINE:
noun vaccine plural noun vaccines
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease

I am self employed and do residential HVAC. In and out of several random houses daily. No "vaccine", no issues with covid. Never missed a day of work and no customers cared or asked about shots or masks or anything else. Life carried on as usual.

My wife's boss was terrified of Covid and still is. Multiple Tshirts and has stickers all over her car telling people about however many shots she took. Poor thing ended up with Covid and spread it all around the office. Felt no need to stay home while sick, because "vaccinated". She gave it to my wife, who had the sniffles for a couple days but was forced out of the office because of her unvaxxed status. I think my wife may might have given it to me because things tasted funny for a bit ( tea suddenly tasted like I was drinking straight vegetable oil), but I felt fine.

Neighbors son's are about 20 years in to a Marine career. Both are the fittest guys you've ever seen. Mandatory vaccines landed them both in the hospital for a stint. Parents were called in as they felt the youngest wasn't going to make it as his kidneys basically stopped functioning. Both boys recovered, parents came home, both severely ill for several days. I went to visit them ( my best friend of 20+ years) and ended up sick as a dog for two days. First time I've been sick since I was a kid (school gave me a flu shot once that fucked me up when I was about 10- never again). Covid test came back negative. Wife didn't believe it so gave me another which came back positive. Took another for a tie breakers and it also showed negative. So...who knows.

42 years old, smoked from about age 13 to mid 30's. I just don't get sick. Perhaps the answer is to cover the inside of your lungs with a protective layer of tar at a young age 😂

Knowledge is out there and all we have to do is read for ourselves. I'm talking about books, not sensationalized headlines.
"Choosing what to believe" is a lot different than decades of proven medical history, though. That's the thing about facts. They don't care what you choose to believe, they just ... are facts.

Moreover, the plural of anecdote is not data.

Ivermectin was designed for removing intestinal parasites, originally for horses. Covid is not intestinal parasite. According to the Expat47, who self prescribes that drug to battle Covid, the Covid vaccine is not a vaccine, and people don't even get sick from Covid. I know differently.
Found the cherry picker.

Medical science literally does not define the mRNA injections as vaccines. We have words that have meaning for a reason. You can't just change the meaning of words to suit your mood. Just like you are openly choosing to ignore decades of ivermectin use in humans because you've decided it's your mission to paint it as horse pills. Obviously, your can do that if you want, but it doesn't make any of it right.

Amos, you've chosen to believe something different than what ExPat does, but that doesn't give you the right to start going after him. I don't know what your leaders are telling you that's called, but out here in reality it's called acting shitty.

Just read OP.
‘Negative before flight’
One of several reasons I retired asap early was air travel. For many years it was 100% certain Oct-Dec flight would put me down. Respiratory something or other.

Retired, rural, reclusive, rode every decent day through the entire thing. Vax x4. Mask every day in my shop, mowing, already. Small deal to add hardware, auto parts, grocery stores…
Never C positive.

Last edited:
My wife and I are fully vaxxed and boosted, got both of each (Moderna). Not wearing masks anymore in my local small town area but still cognizant of the mild risk and we avoid big crowds. Our area is rural and many are anti-vaxxers. Considering the stories of long-term Covid I'd rather avoid than risk degraded health and, more importantly for a lifelong asthma sufferer, additional breathing problems.

Last edited:
Found the cherry picker.
To clarify my earlier comment and for your own edification-

from the trustworthy/reputable sources NIH and JAMA, respectively:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/miscellaneous-drugs/ivermectin/

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2789362

I don't know what your leaders are telling you that's called, but out here in reality it's called acting shitty.

In reality, studies, statistics and facts- actual data, tend to be more well regarded than thoughts, feelings, opinions,beliefs and personal anecdotes.

Last edited:
I think it's called confirmation bias. Once we choose what to believe, we do all we can to cement that trail of thoughts. Essentially the brain telling itself it made the right decision.
So, the thing about confirmation bias is that it is increasingly common for people to be confidently incorrect.

See also the Dunning Kruger effect and having just enough information to be dangerous.

Both have been fueled by the rise of social media as a source of news and information.

The difference is that confirmation bias is the result of feelings taking precedence over facts.

It is much easier for people to buy into an idea or belief if it makes them feel good.

The cold hard facts of a matter do not always feel good.

Once a point of view has become entrenched there is little to no hope that s/he who holds it will be prevailed upon by pesky facts or actual data.

Such is human nature.

The more interesting question, in my opinion, is why some of us become most concerned with being right.

In other words, unless it presents a direct threat to me, why should I care if somebody else chooses to lead a life of ignorant bliss ??

In reality, studies, statistics and facts- actual data, tend to be more well regarded than thoughts, feelings, opinions,beliefs and personal anecdotes.
Right. That's exactly what I said.

I never once suggested that Ivermectin was effective against COVID. I didn't even hint at that. What I did say is that it's silly to go around around lambasting people for taking Ivermectin because we, as humans, have nearly half a century of history of successfully using that medicine. When someone points at another person who uses Ivermectin and, like a school kid, says, "haha you're taking a horse deworming pill!"...it's a show of ignorance.

Ignorance isn't an insult. There's LOTS of things I'm ignorant about. EG; I don't know how to play a piano and many other skills.

To put it simply. I said Ivermectin is for people, not just farm animals. I never said it was for use against COVID. That's a stretch you made in your own mind, for whatever reason you had, that I'm not responsible for.

So, the thing about confirmation bias is that it is increasingly common for people to be confidently incorrect.

See also the Dunning Kruger effect and having just enough information to be dangerous.

Both have been fueled by the rise of social media as a source of news and information.

The difference is that confirmation bias is the result of feelings taking precedence over facts.

It is much easier for people to buy into an idea or belief if it makes them feel good.

The cold hard facts of a matter do not always feel good.

Once a point of view has become entrenched there is little to no hope that s/he who holds it will be prevailed upon by pesky facts or actual data.

Such is human nature.

The more interesting question, in my opinion, is why some of us become most concerned with being right.

In other words, unless it presents a direct threat to me, why should I care if somebody else chooses to lead a life of ignorant bliss ??
The beauty of Truth is that it doesn't give a damn what any of us think. Truth is true even if every person alive decides it's not.

If a person doesn't actively pursue truth all throughout life...well, that's just sad. And a bit lazy.

Top Bottom Back Refresh