What's new

COVID Check In

JimVonBaden

Kool Aid!
Member Number
Have you had COVID, how bad was it, when did you get it, and what is your general level of exposure?

I travel often, have been exposed many times, and managed to stave off getting it until now.

I just got back from 3 weeks in Portugal, no masks anywhere. My SIL had it before we got there, and also several family members, but we didn't see them until clear. I was tested three times, including when we tested to come back on the plane, nothing.

I get home, spent the morning sweating my ass off mowing a three week lawn, and am feeling OK. The next day I test, as does my wife, in prep for going back to work. I test positive, and she doesn't. I've by then got mild cold like symptoms, cough and runny nose. For the next two days I have medium cold symptoms, and today woke up feeling pretty good. The wife and I tested, and now both have it, no surprise as she started feeling like me two days ago.
Covid Tests.jpg

The T line means positive.

In the end, I have had worse colds. Can't say if it was the "vaccine" or just luck that we were less sick than most.

Tell us your COVID Story.

PS This is not a COVID mask, vaccine debate thread, so please refrain from that kind of responses.

My wife and I both had covid this past week. She actually gave it to me so I am a couple of days behind her.

I am 50, male, unvaccinated. She is 37, female, fully vaccinated and boosted.

She was done in about 4 days and other than a wicked cough, her symptoms were mild.

I started on the mild side and then it really took hold of me. My main symptom was a sore throat that was unbelievably painful. It lasted about 3 days. I am on day 7 and thought I had kicked it to the curb until some symptoms came creeping up this afternoon. I have been coughing quite a bit for the past 3-4 hours and I am wondering if this is round 2. I thought I was out of the woods but may be not.

My kid popped positive yesterday. Pink lines and all. She's vaxxed, not boosted. She's handling it pretty well. A little fever and general malaise (which she suffers from anyway). I'm playing nurse, so I fully expect to be sick by the end of the week. Vaxxed and boosted here.

Vaxxed and one booster. Caught it around the 1st of the year. A cough but no congestion in the lungs. Low grade fever on occasion and sleepy. Pretty mild. Lasted about 5 days or so. I still tested positive a week after getting over the symptoms. Had a friend that said he still tested positive 3 weeks after the symptoms went away...this with the quick test. Wife never came down with it.

As far as I know I haven't had it but I had something nasty about a month before COVID officially arrived here so who knows:dunno

My 87 YO mom got it last year. Cold symptoms for about 5 days followed by a couple of weeks of fatigue. She got it about a week after she got her booster shot.

My wife and I are both vaxxed and one booster.

Had it in January, mostly sinus symptoms headache, lasted about 4 days, lost sense of smell and some taste. I've regained most of it but sense of smell still off on some things.

By myself most of the time, caught it from work.

Not vaxxed, not going to. Around the half century mark.

Physician. 57 years old, healthy, non smoker. Caught it from a patient three weeks ago(occupational hazard). Vaxxed, boosted twice. Was sicker than stink. Didn’t need hospital admission though. Still short of breath and really tired all the time. Stayed at home through all of it, wife and son both got it but were nowhere near as sick and it didn’t last as long for them. I got tested, family didn’t as they didn’t need to.

I had it April 2021. I’ve never been so sick in my entire life. Down for 2 weeks, horrible cough, couldn’t breathe, slept nonstop but was still extremely tired during the short periods I was awake. Couldn’t lift my head. Wanted no light or sound. Always on the border with my O2 level of needing to go to the hospital. Lost 10#, severely dehydrated.

I am currently vaccinated.

I had it April 2021. I’ve never been so sick in my entire life. Down for 2 weeks, horrible cough, couldn’t breathe, slept nonstop but was still extremely tired during the short periods I was awake. Couldn’t lift my head. Wanted no light or sound. Always on the border with my O2 level of needing to go to the hospital. Lost 10#, severely dehydrated.

I am currently vaccinated.
Sounds way worse than me. I hope you are OK now.

Most of my comedic material is stolen.

Here's one that should be original content. I had epididymitis years ago, my kid said I was on 'nad-cation'. :photog

Three full vaccinations. Got it in August. Off work for two weeks. Light days the next ten days. The cough still persists. I have been sicker in my life, with pneumonia, but Covid was the sickest I’ve ever been without hospitalization

Back
Top Bottom