What's new

CRF250RX

Loving it until Memorial Day, then sort of hating it there for a while, but back to loving it again, now handling it with much more respect and awe than before.

The thing just has such snappy power compared to the KLX300, XT250, or CRF250F I'd become accustomed to. I kind of forgot that for a bit on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and got myself into a bit more trouble than would have been possible with any of the other three bikes. I jumped a bit higher and farther than ever and landed like I was trying to do an endo, getting myself thrown hard to the ground on my right shoulder. I ended up spending the next 3 weeks or so barely able to move my right arm and had to go to the emergency room for chest pains three days after the accident, but that was just bad muscle spasms in the chest. Went to a chiropractor a couple times. Just as I was feeling like I could ride again, my wife got Covid, so I had to take care of her, then I got Covid. So, since that Sunday, all my bikes have sat dormant in the garage until this past Sunday. I am happy still with the RX. I do think I probably should have waited for a KLX300R or CRF250F to become available as I was better prepared for those bikes. But I can grow with the RX and will end up a better rider in the long run, if I don't kill myself first! At least that's what my riding buddies tell me.

After getting a lot of offroad seat time yesterday it's clear to me that power is now another variable with which to get myself into trouble. And your RX has a lot more power than my X. The more docile power deliver of the KLX definitely makes it safer for a newer rider like me.

After getting a lot of offroad seat time yesterday it's clear to me that power is now another variable with which to get myself into trouble. And your RX has a lot more power than my X. The more docile power deliver of the KLX definitely makes it safer for a newer rider like me.
Yeah, the CRF250F was better, to me, off road than the dual sport KLX300, at least when my klx had stock gearing. The CRF250RX is still overkill. I think the KLX300R would have been the Goldilocks bike for me if I had found one when I was in the market. The power of the KLX300 was perfect for my skills, just would have been better to be lighter, maybe with a bit more ground clearance and suspension travel, that’s why I believe the KLX300R would have been so good for me. But I’m finally coming to terms with the CRF250RX. I just got done with six days of camping and five days in a row of riding off road on the RX. My focus was on just trying to ride within my comfort level and ride smoothly. By yesterday I was feeling really good on the bike.

Now I need to search the Thumpers thread for the CRF250X to see what you’ve wrote there.

Yeah, the CRF250F was better, to me, off road than the dual sport KLX300, at least when my klx had stock gearing. The CRF250RX is still overkill. I think the KLX300R would have been the Goldilocks bike for me if I had found one when I was in the market. The power of the KLX300 was perfect for my skills, just would have been better to be lighter, maybe with a bit more ground clearance and suspension travel, that’s why I believe the KLX300R would have been so good for me. But I’m finally coming to terms with the CRF250RX. I just got done with six days of camping and five days in a row of riding off road on the RX. My focus was on just trying to ride within my comfort level and ride smoothly. By yesterday I was feeling really good on the bike.

Now I need to search the Thumpers thread for the CRF250X to see what you’ve wrote there.
I haven’t written anything there yet but I’m definitely going to

Woohoo! I got the bike all wired and lit up. Now's for the HARD part, the bureaucracy!

Dang, the bike's so loud, you can't really hear me over the bike once it's started.

Oh yeah, I didn't show it in the video, but there's a horn too. No blinkers are required in Texas, so I left them off.

Woohoo! I got the bike all wired and lit up. Now's for the HARD part, the bureaucracy!

Dang, the bike's so loud, you can't really hear me over the bike once it's started.

Oh yeah, I didn't show it in the video, but there's a horn too. No blinkers are required in Texas, so I left them off.

Looks good! Fun bike. Wood bang

The CRF250RX passed the vehicle inspection today!

I had to apply to have the title modified because it says "Off Highway Motorcycle" and needs to be changed to "Motorcycle" before I can get it registered. Yeah, I have to wait a bit more time, but the clerk at the tax office said everything looks good to go. So, it's just a matter of time and the CRF250RX will be a CRF250RXL.

For months, every time I’d go for a ride was a dust storm. No more. The RX and I took a mud bath today.
4DF2A9BE-1343-4773-85E9-6C2F22567D20.jpeg
827D847A-8D81-4E00-9516-A36545F2B7C9.jpeg
446C472A-DF53-4443-BBE8-7FA10AA73FB3.jpeg
8F72F1AE-1CF9-44C8-AF79-70641F06CAEB.jpeg
AE581ADF-389D-4E6B-9B9D-EA4B3A74C6BC.jpeg
96750089-2684-4654-B1B4-0B0603D61B77.jpeg
F31C82B3-CC1D-4568-BBF9-070B8383B055.jpeg
59547408-E0FC-457F-BD42-AB1B6B345713.jpeg

Attachments

• 4603DD08-46B9-4297-93FD-A9876F6B7F04.jpeg
    4603DD08-46B9-4297-93FD-A9876F6B7F04.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
Getting all packed up and ready for a “hard dual sport” adventure in New Mexico. We’ll be riding part of the NMBDR, the parts around Weed and Cloudcroft. It’s still hot in Texas but it looks like cool weather for the next few days. I’m looking forward to it!

Attachments

• 6DC514D9-BFDB-41CD-BAFF-62FBC0D3A2C1.jpeg
    6DC514D9-BFDB-41CD-BAFF-62FBC0D3A2C1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Wow, the bike was awesome as a forest road dual sport. That being said, the tuning of the engine and/or the gearing isn’t exactly the best for the loose, rocky, technical single track on the mountainside.

A buddy got some Gopro shots of me riding on an ATV trail between Cloudcroft and Alamogordo.

Up on your feet, and let that bitch eat.

Gorgeous dualsport mayhem. The RX sucks on the road, but in trails? Whoa baby

Whip it, beat it, torture the clutch.

She loves it. Pull her hair like a savage, and she'll be the happiest woman in the world

Up on your feet, and let that bitch eat.

Gorgeous dualsport mayhem. The RX sucks on the road, but in trails? Whoa baby

Whip it, beat it, torture the clutch.

She loves it. Pull her hair like a savage, and she'll be the happiest woman in the world
:lol2

Top Bottom Back Refresh