CRF250RX

MVI

MVI MOTO
Mod
Vendor
ADV+
Member Number
1644250347285.png

Has the same revisions the R model received for '22. Very curious to see how it compares to the YZ250FX.

Still not a fan of the 5-speed though.

I wish they had a street legal version, perhaps a CRF250RL. I might be interested.
I seen one at the local Honda dealer. It's a sharp looking scooter.
I thought Kentucky was non-communist about tagging dirtbikes? I fell in love with a beautiful Kentucky girl when I was 15. She literally charmed the pants off of me.

Anyway, the 250rx looks like an awesome XC race bike. Would be awesome for fast singletrack

I thought Kentucky was non-communist about tagging dirtbikes? I fell in love with a beautiful Kentucky girl when I was 15. She literally charmed the pants off of me.

Anyway, the 250rx looks like an awesome XC race bike. Would be awesome for fast singletrack
Yea, KY is really lenient when it comes to ORVs. Most of the eastern mountain counties allow for highway use when connecting trail to trail and are promoting ORV riding. Many of the strip mine reclamation projects are now ORV parks.
The down side is that SxS now rule these areas.
I bet the Kentucky girl called you BitenDawg

I tried the last gen twin exhaust 250RX it ripped. I’d like to try a current one. I am always keeping a eye on Honda dirt bikes because even tho they are out of favour for the off road crowd these days. I get really good deals on them.

I wish they had a street legal version, perhaps a CRF250RL. I might be interested.
I seen one at the local Honda dealer. It's a sharp looking scooter.
I plan to eventually put a dual sport kit on it so that I can connect trails and ride in places which require a plate, like Big Bend.

I gave it a quick shake down last night and OMG this thing is powerful compared to what it replaced, a KLX300. Sixty pounds lighter with nearly twice the power? Yeah, I'm having to re-learn how to ride!

I took it out again this morning and am getting the hang of it (this is my first dirt bike, having only previously owned street bikes and dual sports). Guys I usually ride with told me I was much faster today than ever, though I felt slower. I guess it's the whole thing about riding a slow bike fast. I'm used to riding a bike where I have to flog the crap out of it. Now I have to be careful with the throttle to keep from running into trees, cacti, etc.

Yea, KY is really lenient when it comes to ORVs. Most of the eastern mountain counties allow for highway use when connecting trail to trail and are promoting ORV riding. Many of the strip mine reclamation projects are now ORV parks.
The down side is that SxS now rule these areas.
I bet the Kentucky girl called you BitenDawg
She called me "Addy", which I really like
IMG-20220424-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
dual sport kit for crf.jpeg

Now just waiting for a couple hydraulic brake light switches to come in the next day or so and I'll have everything needed to convert the CRF250RX to a CRF250RXL!

I got Shinko MX216s so I'd have DOT approved rubber. I hope it all works out.

dual sport kit for crf.jpeg

Now just waiting for a couple hydraulic brake light switches to come in the next day or so and I'll have everything needed to convert the CRF250RX to a CRF250RXL!

I got Shinko MX216s so I'd have DOT approved rubber. I hope it all works out.
Just connecting trails or riding dual sport ?

The RX has a close ratio trans I’m thinking it’s not going to be very happy on the slab.

Last edited:
Just wanting to make the bike legal to connect trails and to ride on some of the public lands requiring a registration and plate, like Big Bend National Park.

How are you liking it so far?

85da0865-a9bf-41ab-bd74-b8beaa01caca-jpeg.jpg
e4a8d17b-7698-4674-afeb-99a4ecb01ef0-jpeg.jpg

The CRF250RXL is beginning to take shape! I have everything I need to do the conversion except the knowledge of wiring, electrical and all that.

How are you liking it so far?
Loving it until Memorial Day, then sort of hating it there for a while, but back to loving it again, now handling it with much more respect and awe than before.

The thing just has such snappy power compared to the KLX300, XT250, or CRF250F I'd become accustomed to. I kind of forgot that for a bit on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and got myself into a bit more trouble than would have been possible with any of the other three bikes. I jumped a bit higher and farther than ever and landed like I was trying to do an endo, getting myself thrown hard to the ground on my right shoulder. I ended up spending the next 3 weeks or so barely able to move my right arm and had to go to the emergency room for chest pains three days after the accident, but that was just bad muscle spasms in the chest. Went to a chiropractor a couple times. Just as I was feeling like I could ride again, my wife got Covid, so I had to take care of her, then I got Covid. So, since that Sunday, all my bikes have sat dormant in the garage until this past Sunday. I am happy still with the RX. I do think I probably should have waited for a KLX300R or CRF250F to become available as I was better prepared for those bikes. But I can grow with the RX and will end up a better rider in the long run, if I don't kill myself first! At least that's what my riding buddies tell me.

Back
Top Bottom