What's new

CRF450L /RL Mega Thread

What is this old-school tech?? The newer stuff is far more interesting when it only kinda delivers and you get to start guessing at it.

God I love filter skins.
PXL_20231018_204239869.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new

No, but if you have a Vortex ECU, that has an Traction control option
I hadn't thought about that angle, but I can see how it could cause some confusion. Iirc, all of the aftermarket ECUs for the L/RL offer some form of traction control via modulating engine output.

Do a search for "2024 Honda® CRF450RL ABS" and a lot of dealer sites have the title as "2024 Honda® CRF450RL ABS".

The dealers aren't typing all of those listing in manually so there must be a data feed that has it listed incorrectly.

That's interesting. Someone should tell Honda to get that fixed.

My guess is that it won't have ABS in the U.S., at least not MY2024, but that there may be mandatory ABS in some countries that require it for all new road going bikes.

I dont see ABS on the Honda page, did I miss something?

1708487416040.png
That's what I posted a link to and a screen cap from the specs earlier. Somehow, I think those ads DJ posted have the CRF300L with optional ABS mixed up with the 450RL. If there's a 450RL with ABS, it isn't in the U.S.

1708488761410.png

I dont see ABS on the Honda page, did I miss something?

1708487416040.png
No, you didn't miss anything. It looks like inventory data was disseminated to some dealers with "ABS" as a suffix for the 2024 L models.

Top Bottom Back Refresh