What's new

Different clutch master cylinders

Yinzer Moto

Member Number
fprintf posted a Pat video where he talked about his clutch. He mentioned his New bike came with a new Master and he liked it more. Does anyone know the differences? Just for clarification, the newer one is the top photo and the older is the bottom.

6906D6EF-3FB6-402B-804F-8F4DD42D2A27.jpeg

CE7B447C-2AD3-4CB6-AFF1-8A9CA127C8E9.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder if that's a Braktec set up rather than the stock AJP clutch? Kind of a pain having the AJP clutch.. different lever and cover needed than everyone else's BrakTec.

They are both Braketec units, from the photos the bottom one is used with mineral oil and the top one Dot…or am I dreaming this?

They are both Braketec units, from the photos the bottom one is used with mineral oil and the top one Dot…or am I dreaming this?
Both are Braktec, as AJP went bankrupt and was bought by Braktec. Bottom one is reffered to as the AJP style. Top one says Mineral Oil right on it.... Braktec makes them in DOT and Mineral Oil spec. Sherco/Scorpa uses Mineral Oil. My Beta Factory has a Braktec DOT one.

In 2018 Sherco/Scorpa went to the AJP style for the Factory models, while the standard ST/SC models had the "new" style Braktec. I assume the higher level riders preferred the AJP action. Now the Fajardo Replica is one step above the Factory model and has a Braktec unit that has some Billet Bling on it. Sherco/Scorpa has dropped the standard ST/SC models, so don't really know how it compares?

Yinzer your best source for info would be the Myers brothers....

Back
Top Bottom