What's new

Do you deserve your New Bike ?

I think a couple people are a bit lost, this is the trials forum…

1647443184436.png

isn't every forum about Trials and Tribulations of some sort ?

sherco 1.jpeg

Last edited:
My point was any bike can be a trials bike.

Every spring we has a Trails day in Jacksboro TX for DS guys, tetter totters, tire pits, ride over logs, ride 20' down reinforced 2"x6"s.

Call it Trials-esqe

And As a paying customer of FFE INC. , I dont think he will mind.

I might steal his TRS** one day

(** or whatever he has for sale)

OSET2.png

Last edited:
Great to see another X-ride out there - I still have trials tires on mine - but still don't think I would have attempted that up. - mine is a 2014 with less than 500 miles on it. I bought it new in 2014 and register it for the road each year... and one of these days I am actually going to get time to ride it :-)
1647449025094.png

Last edited:
So the XRide was one of the bikes I bought new and I put 1000 miles on it but it got me to appreciate the bike for what it is .
I now keep a Beta with a seat tank combo and spare wheels so it can enduro or trials ride .
I like my Super Smooth better on the trails than my X Ride mainly because of the gearing 4th 5th gear was not great on the XRide .
I would like to switch for a day with someone who has the TRS enduro bike to compare with my Beta .

Bob, is that you?
That was me doing a demo here in Nova Scotia back in 2014 - we had about 8 real trials bike for the show. I had my GG200 there as well. We were doing head to head competitions (not "races" as insurance wouldn't cover that :-) ) - we had 3 different lines through the same course so the better riders had a tougher go but whoever got to the finish first would ride against the next rider.

more pics here - https://dualsport.smugmug.com/2014-Ride-Reports/2014-03-08-NS-Trials/

1647603724675.png

Last edited:
So the XRide was one of the bikes I bought new and I put 1000 miles on it but it got me to appreciate the bike for what it is .
I now keep a Beta with a seat tank combo and spare wheels so it can enduro or trials ride .
I like my Super Smooth better on the trails than my X Ride mainly because of the gearing 4th 5th gear was not great on the XRide .
I would like to switch for a day with someone who has the TRS enduro bike to compare with my Beta .
I think you'll be disappointed in the 5 speed TRS compared the 6 speed Beta.

That was me doing a demo here in Nova Scotia back in 2014 - we had about 8 real trials bike for the show. I had my GG200 there as well. We were doing head to head competitions (not "races" as insurance wouldn't cover that :-) ) - we had 3 different lines through the same course so the better riders had a tougher go but whoever got to the finish first would ride against the next rider.

more pics here - https://dualsport.smugmug.com/2014-Ride-Reports/2014-03-08-NS-Trials/

1647603724675.png
Were you ever able to quantify the actual number of riders you gained from these demos? In my local club, they did many demos for 30 years. They felt that they never gained a rider from them. They did enjoy doing them for their own fun and crowds found them entertaining.

I think you'll be disappointed in the 5 speed TRS compared the 6 speed Beta.

I have not put much time in on Beta’s, the transmission does not have a really huge jump in it, right? That would be a big benefit on a bike that is more for trail use. If the range is enough, an EM might be really nice for trail riding.

I have not put much time in on Beta’s, the transmission does not have a really huge jump in it, right? That would be a big benefit on a bike that is more for trail use. If the range is enough, an EM might be really nice for trail riding.
An EM would be cool for some stealth trail riding for sure….just imagine the interesting discussions you could have with the mountain bike crowd when you’re riding up and they are riding down…
:D

An EM would be cool for some stealth trail riding for sure….just imagine the interesting discussions you could have with the mountain bike crowd when you’re riding up and they are riding down.. https://data.advbikes.com/assets/smilies/icon10.gif

I would avoid MTB trails but in our area, we have a lot of abandoned land that is on steep hillsides, near homes. We could ride a lot more of that on electric bikes. Possibly even putting in new trails that the MTBs could use too.

I would avoid MTB trails but in our area, we have a lot of abandoned land that is on steep hillsides, near homes. We could ride a lot more of that on electric bikes. Possibly even putting in new trails that the MTBs could use too.

Ditto on avoiding MTB trails. Our MTB club, which I belong to, specifically designates many trails as not open to e-pedal bikes, much less an e-moto. Riding an EM on MTB trails would be a good way to poison any future hope of opening new areas.

That said I've tried an EM on dirtbike trails and it is far better than any trials bike I've been on for trail riding. It's not made for blasting whoops and jumps but it definitely can move well. The models with seats actually work and the foot controls were far more practical than a trials bike.

Have we gotten Fallacy to give his X-Track trail RR yet?

Ditto on avoiding MTB trails. Our MTB club, which I belong to, specifically designates many trails as not open to e-pedal bikes, much less an e-moto. Riding an EM on MTB trails would be a good way to poison any future hope of opening new areas.

That said I've tried an EM on dirtbike trails and it is far better than any trials bike I've been on for trail riding. It's not made for blasting whoops and jumps but it definitely can move well. The models with seats actually work and the foot controls were far more practical than a trials bike.

Have we gotten Fallacy to give his X-Track trail RR yet?

Most MTB trails are in city or county parks here, with very specific rules. There are a few that are also on the abandoned property we have around here. While someone might get ups if a motorcycle was on the trails, there is nothing they can do. I still would not do it, there is so much riding elsewhere to cause conflict with other trail users.

I was riding on a local mountain bike trail here one day with the trials bike and a guys passed me on a mountain bike - we both just got a big chuckle out of it :-)

Were you ever able to quantify the actual number of riders you gained from these demos? In my local club, they did many demos for 30 years. They felt that they never gained a rider from them. They did enjoy doing them for their own fun and crowds found them entertaining.
Yeah probably not much in the way of new riders although there were a few people who would come up and say they didn't realize trials was still a sport locally. We did however make good money which was enough to cover all our expenses so we don't have to charge at events plus a little for each rider at the demo to cover gas and lunches. They are a ton of fun and they are in the winter so a little indoor riding was a great opportunity for riders. Kind of got me thinking I should arrange something for next year now that it seems people are not so worried about covid anymore.

Top Bottom Back Refresh