What's new

Dogs, dogs and.......more dogs.

Our weekly walk in the woods pack of dogs club get together today...like "herding cats"
GRAB357.jpg

My mom's terror, Riley. A pound puppy estimated at about 1 year old. Am guessing he was given up due to his endless energy and the fact that he chews everything, you can't leave him unattended. At least he's not yappy and barking all the time like lots of small dogs do. My mom's got her work cut out for her. My brother & I call him "Diablo".

The good, he's a handsome boy w/ the most lovable personality. I hope my mom can get him "sorted" out. Thinking he's something like a spitz-pappillon mix perhaps? He's about 16 or 17 Lb or so.

How to get dogs out of their chewing phase?

Riley_24Mar2023.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe "Diablo" wants to ride monkey in a hack on long adventures. And he will chew his way to
achieve his true moto destiny. Smart dog!

Pups / young dogs chew. I figure he'll grow out of it. He's pretty Little Guy !!
He is a very handsome lovable boy for sure!

Maybe "Diablo" wants to ride monkey in a hack on long adventures. And he will chew his way to
achieve his true moto destiny. Smart dog!
I don't have a hack. I guess an excuse to get one? I live an hour away from her. I do take him for overnights occasionally but he needs constant watching. You can't turn your back on him, and it can be a bit exhausting.

We talked about it and her best choice was to get a middle/senior aged dog, she agreed. The shelter had his age est at 2 years on his sheet. My brother took her to the shelter and let her bring him home despite what we all agreed was best to get a mature dog. Vet says doubtful he's 2 yo, more likely 1 yo.

My mom is retired, doesn't drive. So she is pretty much home all the time. So he's not lonely, no separation anxiety. My younger brother lives w/ her as well. So he's there when he's not working or otherwise. Dog gets walks, and lots of attention. So hopefully he comes around. My mom has always raised good dogs. But now that she's 86 yo, I'm afraid she just doesn't have it in her for this guy. But I hope he comes around. As odds are, I'll be the one to inherit him!

Last edited:
The latest addition to the pack, Asta. Another "rescue". Wife's friend's daughter, who already has 3 dogs, 2 YO and 4 YO daughters, a 12 YO son and a full time job decided that getting an Aussie would somehow be a great idea. Um, no. No way she could keep up with her. Add to that, the dog was being crated, and was kept to so little food that she was semi-starving, and you have one very unsettled pup. We took her in, got her settled into a routine and got her calmed down over the food anxiety. Just a year old now, and is a sweet, energetic, if not sometimes incredibly dumb, dog.

asta1.jpg
Asta2.jpg

Tornado warning and high winds last night took out a tree and power in the campground and flipped this poor guy's camper. Sadie has a guilty look like she's responsible.

PXL_20230401_130017077.jpg
Damn! Rough way to try to enjoy camping.

Back
Top Bottom