What's new

Downsizing, how far will you go?

I am so behind the times i would have had him down for a DR350, guess people move on where as i dont i still got my XT600E and view it as modern.
He lives in the London area. There is probably not a single DR350 left there. They've all been stolen. I think at least 3 of the bikes they used in the Mondo Enduro movie were stolen soon after they came back home. Shame really, those bikes would be worth a lot today. In all his V.I.N.C.E. marketing videos he is riding CRF250L.

While displacement creep is real the fact is that in the USA there are more small displacement bikes available now than at any time since the 60s and 70s.
The market is developing, which is a good thing. Smaller displacement, usually low price, from relatively unknown manufacturers. Sometimes entry level bikes from the large manufacturers. It seems like (of the big ones) only Honda is taking the small cc seriously and treating it as not just the first step to a "real" bike, but as a market by itself.

He lives in the London area. There is probably not a single DR350 left there. They've all been stolen. I think at least 3 of the bikes they used in the Mondo Enduro movie were stolen soon after they came back home. Shame really, those bikes would be worth a lot today. In all his V.I.N.C.E. marketing videos he is riding CRF250L.
True the dirt bike stealing thing is a real issue you need to seriously consider when choosing any trail type bike here in the uk. I think they have street cred amongst the filth that festers in Britain. Strange thing they will walk by other more valluable bikes to steal the dirt bike. And its not just London its Throughout the country.

I’m 72 and ride a low suspension 1250GSA. I love this bike! 90/10 street tires make it a back road weapon. I love the torque and all-day riding comfort. Sargent seat; VeeStream Deluxe touring screen, Aeroflow Aerowings kit; Wunderlicht under-dash wind stopping panel keeps air blast from blowing up through the forks. Wunderlicht Handlebar carrier blocks additional wind coming up through there. I camp with a Redverz Solo tent, folding chair and table. An Altrider carrier plate for rear and another replacing the pillion seat gives me tons of storage. GS is still the bomb. I’ve had a couple drops but now I know how to avoid them. This bike is great in traffic, charging curves and on long hauls. I do the maintenance myself and change my own tires. I’ve looked at 700-900cc bikes. I don’t think they offer much advantage over what I’m riding. I tried a Ducati Mult V4S yesterday at the dealer. The thing sounds like a scooter and costs 30k. Norden is appealing but is less really more? Not for me…so far.

Back
Top Bottom